Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Do you use the cell phone holder?

• Yes, I use it all the time!

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • No, I just set my phone in the console.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • Sometimes yes, sometimes no!

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Um.....What cell phone holder?

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I do not use a cell phone.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cell phone on person, not in Pilot.

Votes: 5 6.5%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you keep a cell phone in the center console, do you really take the time to fit it in the holder on the back of the door?

Most of the the time I reach for my phone through the top rather than by flipping out the front door. I end up just dropping the phone into the compartment rather than take the time to fit it into the holder. It's plugged into the power outlet in there.

My forward bins are full of stuff, so I can't move the cup holders up. I usually have a bottle of water or something in my cupholder.

Just curious how many people really use the cell phone holder!:D

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
My latest phone, an LG VX 4400, is a flip phone, and with its leather case, extended battery, and flip closed it's a shade too thick to fit in the holder. I just put the power adapter in the plug by the Not An Ashtray, and lay the phone on the console.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Sometimes

Not sure how to vote on this one since I'm just a "sometimes" user. If we are out on the road, I will normally plug the the phone in to the ext power and place in the cradle. Around town and running errands, I just place it in the tray in front of the console.

YMMV

·
Registered
234 Posts
My current phone is a T68i. Its small enough to keep in my pocket all the time. When in the car, I just transfer it to my shirt pocket for easy access. No need for a car charger too since the battery life on this thing is really good (about 6 days between charges)
Besides, the last few times I put the phone in the cradle, I forgot to take it out. :1pat:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Re: Sometimes

colorider said:
Not sure how to vote on this one ...
Am struggling on how to vote too. If I'm not wrong, I think one tool that our all powerful moderators have is the ability to edit polls :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Sometimes

colorider said:
Not sure how to vote on this one since I'm just a "sometimes" user.

YMMV
Sometimes. But usually I just keep it either in the console or in one of the cupholders.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Sometimes

yolk said:

Am struggling on how to vote too. If I'm not wrong, I think one tool that our all powerful moderators have is the ability to edit polls :D
Done! (Added the "sometimes" option to the poll... :p )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is in the cradle as I type. I keep it open to the first stop which allows me to keep misc stuff in the storage slot beneath and use the cup holder in the middle. However, since I do use it most of the time I sometimes forget to take my phone with me. Oh well, I'm forgetting a lot things these days so maybe it's just me!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Re: Sometimes

kemosabe said:

Thanks, Kemo!:D

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Sometimes

kemosabe said:

Thanks Kemo - I logged off before it was decided that it was needed.

:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Alternate Cradle

My StarTac does not fit in the console door cradle very well. I jam the phonein there occasionally when I'm using the 12v power cord to charge it.

The majority of the time th phone is in the slot behind the console. A little bit of a stretch to get to it, but he perfect fit is worth it!

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Mine don't fit! to damn big..

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey Kemo, we need one more line added to the list, how about " no I never use the holder or the console ." I have a Motorola v60 and its easier just to leave it on the belt clip. :4:

*** EDITS BY KEMOSABE ***

Hey, a2Pilot -- whaddaya think of tonyrwc's suggestion, since this is your poll? :p

·
Registered
804 Posts
Can't use my console door. It flops down like a soggy noodle. :(

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[*** EDITS BY KEMOSABE ***

Hey, a2Pilot -- whaddaya think of tonyrwc's suggestion, since this is your poll? :p [/B]
And it seemed like such a simple question.......:rolleyes: :D

Sure....how about an option for cell phone on person, not in Pilot.
(To cover belt, pocket, purse, whatever)

·
Registered
483 Posts
a2Pilot said:

Sorry a2pilot, lol, I'm not trying to turn your poll into a pain, its just that none of the possible answers actually worked for me. :4:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No Problem. It's funny, I didn't even consider carrying my phone on my belt or anywhere else for that matter. I just leave it in the console all the time. I don't really use it that much. Only if I get paged while I'm on-call, or my wife needs to contact me during my drive home. I don't even wear my pager except while I'm at work, and during on-call periods. I think I must be a minority!

What triggered the original question was the fact that I just toss the phone in the console because it doesn't fit that easily into the cradle. So it's a cool feature in concept, but in my case it's not easy enough to use, so I don't. :D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
a2Pilot said:

Okay, done!! :) I hope we don't have to recall this poll like what the folks in tonyrwc's state is doing to the governor... :p :p

·
Registered
483 Posts
a2Pilot said:
I don't even wear my pager except while I'm at work, and during on-call periods. I think I must be a minority!

:D
Pager ? Who uses a pager anymore ? I thought that went out about the same time as the Abacus. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts