Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,044 Posts
VTM is always there. Are you talking VTM4 lock?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just looking for interesting comparisons and video clips with VTM-4 in action or better yet the VTM lock. The first video has the Pilot driving through some challenging mud or dueling with a Taco or something most Pilot owners won’t be doing with their Pilot.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@xGS ...Awesome! More reason to install a trans cooler to protect one of the Pilots “Achilles Heel”. TFL had a video on the Pilot and had to stop due to “Hot Trans” warning.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts
Not the most exciting, but these are my own videos. The Pilot's VTM-4 system is remarkably capable in mud or snow. Of course, good tires help. In the mud, I had some half-worm Bridgestones, I believe, and I didn't get stuck, even in that third summer video. Good thing, because I was all alone and far out of cellphone range. I only have pics for the winter bit, but had new Nokian Hakkapeliittas. VTM-4 lock while disengaging VSA was what got me up and down that unplowed road.

C'mon, Piloteers, make your own videos with your own rigs in action!

Mild Mannered Off Roading for 2006 EX-L (Pics & Vids)

How does the Pilot handle snow?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Next time I use the Pilot to take the kids to soccer practice I'll record how well the VTM system traverses the depressed curb and gutter at the entrance... or maybe a really exotic gravel parking lot, that's a real challenge that a minivan could NEVER handle.

In all seriousness this system is extremely capable and is greatly aided by the right tire and pressure for the situation. In the first video that Pilot was way undertired for that muck at the end (even the Tacoma with more aggressive tires was clogging up) but it still made it through with very little drama.

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts
b0wfin drives a modified Pilot and posts new videos every now and then.

Be curious to know where he got his skid plate.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YES! The best. Makes me not feel like a chump for the time I got my ridgeline stuck in the mud. Clearly there’s nothing you can do if you only have traction on a single wheel. Three wheels slipping? = Screwed.
Three wheels slipping would be a challenge for many vehicles even with front and rear lockers under the right (wrong?) conditions.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts