Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my local dealer's (Ball Honda) recipe for "quality" service:

1. After vehicle purchase, tell first-time Honda owner their first routine maintenance visit is "free"
2. Make owner wait 10 minutes at service island until you approach them
3. Try to charge customer $25 for tire rotation portion of "free" 7500 mile service (I didn't get them rotated)
4. Leave puddles of oil on center console and driver-side armrest
5. Make customer wait 20 minutes while oil is being cleaned
6. Tell owner, "Oops, they accidentally grabbed a rag soaked with acetone or something so the silver finish on your armrest garnish came off. Don't worry, the part should be in later this week. We're really sorry and we'll give your next oil change for free."

No thanks. I want to keep my Pilot in one piece. Anyone know a good independent Honda mechanic in San Diego?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
SDPILOT said:
Anyone know a good independent Honda mechanic in San Diego?
I can recommend one if you don't mind driving 2,471 miles one way to the shop. :D

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yikes, I wouldn't be going back there either. You might want to check and see if they actually got oil back in the engine. :eek:

At least make sure they get the armrest replaced. I don't think Honda would approve of the service you received either.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
I was going to suggest that you place a few choice comments on this board's "Rate a Dealer" section, but I see you've already done that!!!

I would've fought them for the FREE tire rotation, too, since the 7500 includes BOTH the oil change and the tire rotation (for both the severe driving conditions and normal driving conditions). Sounds like a bait-and-switch from Ball -- can't believe they had the balls (pun intended) to pull a stunt like that... don't take you Pilot back to them..... at least, I wouldn't!!! :3: :3: :3:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts