Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SS EX-L for 30,980 + TTL (I think this is MSRP)

Also, I am thinking of adding the towing package for $750 installed and the 7/100 warranty for $1000. Thanks for the advice.

By the way, I will be trading my S2000 for it. I will miss it...

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
30,980 is MSRP and includes delivery

30,980 is MSRP and + Tax and Tags would be fair.
If they are adding "Transprotation" or other charges I would question them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the manager at the dealership very well - I have bought several cars from them. There are not other charges and he tells me the $750 for the towing package is his cost. I also thought $1000 for the warranty was fair. The one I want is coming in the first of August...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Giving up the S2000 huh

I gave up my 98 BMW M Roadster earlier this year for a 98 BMW M3 Sedan after the birth of our first child. I haven't regretted it though at all. I still have the sportiness that I crave in a car with an added backseat for the baby.

The deal on the Pilot your looking at is a good deal (MSRP+towing package).

You sure you want two Pilots in the family?

How about a Acura TL Sedan S Type or something that can match the performance of your S2000? I may pick up one of these in a couple of years after the buyer's option is up on my M3.

You will still be keeping in the Honda Family and have a back seat for the kids.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We won't have two Pilots - my wife has an 01' Accord coupe. I need something I can also use as a utility vehicle to carry stuff and tow my dirt bikes, otherwise the TL-S would be a great option.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Go For It

In that case, go for it. That sounds like a great deal.

I'm sure the S2000 will be missed but the dirt bikes will provide enough off-road excitement.

I stopped riding dirt bikes at 14 when I fell off my Honda and broke my collarbone and right arm in two places. The folks said the bike has got to go.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah - I'm 30 now and recently picked it back up. The last time I rode a dirt bike I was 15. I have been enjoying the rediscovery of trail riding - and realizing how out of shape I am!:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I stopped riding dirt bikes because I got really messed up in a crash. I was driving behind this kid in an open field, and he decided to stop right in front of me. So boom! And now I'm selling a four-wheeler to help buy the Pilot.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Fair? That is EXCELLENT!

Saliv8 said:
I know the manager at the dealership very well - I have bought several cars from them. There are not other charges and he tells me the $750 for the towing package is his cost. I also thought $1000 for the warranty was fair. The one I want is coming in the first of August...
There are a TON of dealers claiming the warranty is MUCH more than that! There is even one who boldly posts on the edmunds forums that she would lose money if she sold them at that, go figure!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I paid $1700 (price was not disclosed until afterwards because it was hidden in a "package" deal) for a $50 deductible 7yr/100K mile warranty. When I found out what I paid and saw what others were paying, I cancelled it.

$1,000 sounds much better, especially if you are getting the $0 deductible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts