Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2007 EX-L no entertainment unit and no NAV system. It does have the 6 disc changer and factory XM with separate XM button as well as a separate AUX button. I have read that there are RCA ( or some other type ) connectors in the back of the unit to use for connecting a aux device using it's 3.5mm headphone output. Does my pilot have this? Any body have a photo of what i'd be looking for? Otherwise I'll have to go the USA-Spec route and integrate the ipod that way. Ideally I'd be able to do both, one connection for Ipod and another for non ipod devices like cell phones (pandora,etc.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I don't know about an 07 Pilot, but my 06 Odyssey EX-L did have RCA left/right audio input jacks and two 3.5mm audio out jacks in the 3rd row driver's side armrest/storage bin. However it did have the RES (DVD) installed. I ran a 10 ft. RCA>3.5mm cable under the trim to the front for my iPod.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,571 Posts
Lots of info on Ipod connections in the audio and electronics section and also available using the search function.

You are on the right track with the USA Spec type product

·
Registered
7 Posts
my 2007 Pilot (EX-L) has the same stereo unit as yours. This is the adaptor that I used to make the AUX button functional for external devices (iPod, iPhone, etc.):

CPHONAUX3.5 2003-2011 Acura/Honda Auxiliary Input Converter

Installation was relatively easy -- the biggest thing to know is that it is easiest to pull off the trim around the stereo from the driver's side. Once that piece is off removal of the stereo and installation of the adaptor is a breeze. I routed the 3.5 mm cable into the glove box. Those who are motivated can run the cable elsewhere in the cabin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.