Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the time when I remote start the car it's so I don't have to wait for the car to warm up. I don't really want the AC turning on as soon as the car turns on because battery and engine wear etc. I swear I saw a setting to change this before, but now that I actually want to change it I don't see it:(. Does anyone know where the setting is for this?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Most of the time when I remote start the car it's so I don't have to wait for the car to warm up. I don't really want the AC turning on as soon as the car turns on because battery and engine wear etc. I swear I saw a setting to change this before, but now that I actually want to change it I don't see it:(. Does anyone know where the setting is for this?
It's in the manual pg 27-29.
08E92T2A_100080EN.p65 (honda.com)
Auto defrost will run the AC automatically. If you disable auto defrost, the AC will remain where you last set it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's in the manual pg 27-29.
08E92T2A_100080EN.p65 (honda.com)
Auto defrost will run the AC automatically. If you disable auto defrost, the AC will remain where you last set it.
I think this is for another model with a different key fob. From what I understand, you change the auto defrost with the key fob, but the fob they show in that manual has a screen in it. Now I'm starting to question whether I saw that option or not.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,848 Posts
Page 530 of the Owners manual explains it in the side notes. If you don't want the ac to start turn off the climate control recirculation mode. Also make sure the vented seats are tuned off as well if you have vented seats.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Page 530 of the Owners manual explains it in the side notes. If you don't want the ac to start turn off the climate control recirculation mode. Also make sure the vented seats are tuned off as well if you have vented seats.
Thank you so much! I wish there was a way to keep it off, but this is good enough.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
Let me get this straight, you're worried about battery and engine wear the ac puts on it with using remote starting?

Mmmm, OK.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me get this straight, you're worried about battery and engine wear the ac puts on it with using remote starting?

Mmmm, OK.
Oh gosh I was hoping nobody would bring that up😅.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Oh gosh I was hoping nobody would bring that up😅.
Since someone already has ... consider leaving it alone. You will do your AC compressor more good than harm running it in the winter for brief periods while remote start warms up the engine. Running the AC for brief periods will circulate the oil in the refrigerant and keep the seals from drying out and leaking since AC compressors aren't normally run for most of the winter. It will also lower the humidity inside the car and prevent the windshield from fogging up.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since someone already has ... consider leaving it alone. You will do your AC compressor more good than harm running it in the winter for brief periods while remote start warms up the engine. Running the AC for brief periods will circulate the oil in the refrigerant and keep the seals from drying out and leaking since AC compressors aren't normally run for most of the winter. It will also lower the humidity inside the car and prevent the windshield from fogging up.
Thanks for letting me know about that! I do sometimes run the AC because down in Texas it’s not cold most of the time during the winter LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts