Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So somehow wify broke the sun visor so it does not stay up :p (That part of sentence does not sound good) close to the roof and drops half way down.
I took it off the car, but there does not seem to be any way to open the thing or fix it.
Any ideas?:confused:
Looking to buy a new or used one.

TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
I came up with a fix for this issue that is working for me.

There is a clip that is supposed to lock the visor in place in the headliner. When the visor falls out, that clip is getting depressed when it shouldn't be. To fix this, I took a smaller sized zip-tie and cut about 3/8 of an inch off of the slim end and slid it behind that clip to help it stay pushed out.
I used the part of the zip-tie where is begins to get thicker and looks like a shim. That helped me slide it behind the clip.

I'm sorry I didn't take pictures of this, but the visor is in and working and I don't want to take it back out.

Cheers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just in case someone is still having an issue with the sun visor not closing all the way against the headliner, what I did is remove it and noticed that there is a plastic piece with three prongs that go against a metal plate that is part of the headliner, those three prongs are worn out in an angular shape and that's what makes the visor not click and close all the way.
I added three drops of fast setting epoxy on those three prongs to even them out and let dry for a whole day before I sanded them to make them flat.
I reinstalled the visor back in and it's closing perfectly fine for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just in case someone is still having an issue with the sun visor not closing all the way against the headliner, what I did is remove it and noticed that there is a plastic piece with three prongs that go against a metal plate that is part of the headliner, those three prongs are worn out in an angular shape and that's what makes the visor not click and close all the way.
I added three drops of fast setting epoxy on those three prongs to even them out and let dry for a whole day before I sanded them to make them flat.
I reinstalled the visor back in and it's closing perfectly fine for now.
Do you have more pictures?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Something to try before attempting to tighten up the clamp... lubricate the shaft with some silicone.
Extend the visor, and apply some silicon lubricant, then work it in and out until is moves easily again. This also fixed the "sag" for me, i.e. the visors both now close up to the cieling again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts