Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story, but I’ll try to keep this brief. My 07 Pilot has become my airport vehicle; it sits most of the time. When my daughter was little, she crammed a stick in the driver side doorlock. Which of course is the only one on the vehicle. We lost the FOB years ago, so the only thing I have is the key for the ignition; it’s not one of those keys with the FOB-like buttons on it, but it does have the chip in it. So after the key would no longer open the door lock (due to the stick my daughter stuck in there) there is no way to make the ant theft system stop flashing the lights and honking the horn. It stops after a few minutes, but after you open a door again, it starts the whole process over. So I disconnected the horn, and now I just turn the lights on for a few minutes when I start heading to the airport. I know this is not the safest or smartest thing to do, but it gets me to work and back once a week. So I’m finally trying to suck it up and find a fix for this issue without having to go pay someone. I couldn’t locate a fuse that‘s assigned to the anti theft system, but there are a few that are acronyms that I’m unfamiliar with like: ACG S, VTM-4, ACM, LAF, and IGI main, ETCS, etc...

I‘ve read that disconnecting the battery for ten minutes would perform a reset, but I just replaced the battery and the problem still persists? Do you guys have any thoughts on how I can get the horn and lights to stop flashing/honking? Thank you in advance!

Make it a great day.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Is getting the door lock cylinder somehow not an option for you?
Is your daughter now old enough to pay for the repair, if you can't afford it?

The vehicle should have come with two FOBs. Did you lose both of them?

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
499 Posts
Door lock cylinders are cheap, like $40 for OEM on Ebay and comes with a new key, or you can easily rekey it to match your current keys; just use the wafers from your current damaged lock. But if you just want to deactivate the alarm, just unplug the sensor wire that connects to the hood latch. If the system thinks your hood is open, it won't arm the alarm.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
It might be the interior passenger's side fuse 13, 7.5 A, Back Up if you cross-reference the sections I've highlighted for you in the attached documents.

However, I would favor the path of removing that long lost stick, either with tweezers or some such tool, or removing and repairing and/or replacing the key cylinder.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be the interior passenger's side fuse 13, 7.5 A, Back Up if you cross-reference the sections I've highlighted for you in the attached documents.

However, I would favor the path of removing that long lost stick, either with tweezers or some such tool, or removing and repairing and/or replacing the key cylinder.
Man, thanks a million! I appreciate your thoughtful reply. That fuse did the trick. The lights still flash when I start the vehicle, but thats totally manageable. You, my friend, just earned some good solid karma.

·
Registered
526 Posts
2007 FOB can be had for about $10

Get 2 now., even if you don't CUT the Key or Program the Immobilizer....

Twin pack

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
I'll just add that I'm happy to see those eBayers now throwing in the batteries. Not that they're completely obscure, but you did have to go through a time-consuming search and them order then separately, back in my day.

(OK, a couple of years ago. :))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts