Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Is there a transmission filter?

56K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Cousin Itt 
#1 ·
Hi there be searching around everywhere been finding a lot of mixed information does the 2003 Honda Pilot have a transmission filter? Because i see you can buy them and i was told there was not one so if anyone can clarify this that would be great thanks.

#6 ·
As far as I can see, to change the ATF filter on 06-08 you will have to drop
the transmission and open up the transmission case. Not sure why Honda made is so difficult on the 06-08 models!

--
hdzoro
Well, Honda does not consider the filter to be a serviceable item. Probably used almost exclusively for diagnostic purposes on failed transmissions. I have done the filter change on a 2003 and 2005 model and it took me less than an hour, but I dont have direct experience on the newer models.

#7 ·
where is this filter located because i found one for sale on a site and looks the same on my pilot just below the air filter pipe ill post pics. this is such a weird thing because i went to my local honda dealer and he said no hondas have servicable filters. so i guess hes burnt.

#10 ·
My honda started to spray transmission fluid. I cant find a hole in the hoses. A friend told me you have to change the transmission fluid. So I drained the fluid and added new. It drove great for about a week and then did it again. I have since learned about the transmission fluid filter. The kit I bought came with a pan gasket. Is it necessary to remove the pan and replace the gasket?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.