Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see where Hyannis Honda is offering the following online for the maintenance plan. What are your thoughts. Based on our driving habits we would need the 4 year 48K mile plan for $800. Not sure anything other than oil changes are due before that so wondering if $800 is worth it? Am I missing something. Please advise.

Plan Code Years*Mileage*Rate
M22224,000$405.00
M23230,000$510.00
M33336,000$575.00
M34345,000$765.00
M44448,000$800.00
M46460,000$915.00

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Look at the service schedule in the first post of this thread:
Maintenance Minder - Updated

Find out what your dealer would charge for those services as required over the various time periods and then see if any of those plans make economic sense.
The last time someone asked this question, the general consensus was 'no'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look at the service schedule in the first post of this thread:
Maintenance Minder - Updated

Find you what your dealer would charge for those services as required over the various time periods and then see if any of those plans make economic sense.
The last time someone asked this question, the general consensus was 'no'.
Thanks for the info

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,336 Posts
The car doesn’t have a fixed by mileage maintenance schedule.
I’d keep my cash in my pocket. There’s a car payment or two right there.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
Huge profit margin. Don't get sucked in and do the fluid and filter changes yourself.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
For me the maintenance plan is worth it, but with that said, It didn't cost me anything for 5 years of maintenance. It was one of the incentives I received for purchasing the vehicle.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,594 Posts
If you buy a maintenance plan, you will be shocked how many additional things "break" or need replacing in addition to regular maintenance. There's no way they don't profit off of it. Plus if you were to buy the 60,000 mile plan, there really isn't much required maintenance. 6-10 oil changes depending on interval, 1 or 2 transmission fluid changes and probably 2 rear differential fluid changes (if AWD).

Even if you added all of that up and it came close to the cost of the maintenance plan, I wouldn't buy it out of principle. If the dealer is selling it as an add on, I won't buy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts