Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Must we do all the work for you?
ATP lists Uni-Select as their distributor for Canada.
Use their parts store locator to find nearby stores and then call them to inquire if they have that ATP magic elixir in stock.
You mean I have to pick up a phone or actually go to one of their locations?

The work I'd like them to do for me is just list what they have in stock on their flippin' website and let me order it if they do, like any normal retail business does on this side of the Digital Revolution.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
You mean I have to pick up a phone or actually go to one of their locations?
Certainly, it's much easier to simply whine about it in a post to an internet forum.
How badly do you want the stuff?

The work I'd like them to do for me is just list what they have in stock on their flippin' website and let me order it if they do, like any normal retail business does on this side of the Digital Revolution.
Judging by my recent attempt to procure wiper blades at an AutoZone store, it might not make any difference.
The website indicated that the wiper blades had to be ordered at the store, but the "Zoner" behind the counter said she didn't know how to do that.
It didn't help matters that the format of the product selection and information screen used by store employees is configured entirely differently from that on the AutoZone website.
I considered ordering them from RockAuto, but the cost of shipping made the price of the wipers more expensive than buying them locally.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,827 Posts
By some transportation miracle, my package got back on the original schedule and will be delivered today after all! 🤠
Hopefully undamaged.
Purple Font Screenshot Violet Magenta

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Certainly, it's much easier to simply whine about it in a post to an internet forum.
How badly do you want the stuff?

Judging by my recent attempt to procure wiper blades at an AutoZone store, it might not make any difference.
The website indicated that the wiper blades had to be ordered at the store, but the "Zoner" behind the counter said she didn't know how to do that.
It didn't help matters that the format of the product selection and information screen used by store employees is configured entirely differently from that on the AutoZone website.
I considered ordering them from RockAuto, but the cost of shipping made the price of the wipers more expensive than buying them locally.
Um, is that whining in a post on an internet forum I see just above?
Font Circle Automotive exterior Screenshot Symmetry

But OK, I may give them a call sometime this week, if I happen to remember during their business hours. And that's another thing: a website has much more extended hours.
Font Automotive exterior Midnight Darkness Auto part

I'm not getting my hopes up, though. The only products I've been able to find you can search for is their stupid merch.

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
I resolved the situation by taking my business elsewhere.
If it's Uni-Select, be a pal and ask them for me if they have any AT-205 in stock, would you?
Font Rectangle Signage Event Brand

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Found some AT-205 purportedly available, and in Canada, no less. Says it's available in December, but I was able to put an order in for six bottles.

Bottle Font Drink Soft drink Parallel

Reviews for this site are mixed, but the price is fair in Canadian dollars, unlike eBay scalping prices, and there's free shipping for my quantity, So I took a $114 gamble and will post my experience. This could work out to be a Christmas miracle.
Product Azure Font Material property Software

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Screenshot

They even ship to the US. Regular shipping to the US, which is via FedEx, is too much (like 30 bucks), but I found that when you get to the $99 for free shipping in Canada, as they advertise, you can also get free FedEx shipping to the US. In my example, it was ordering 6 bottles of AT-205 that qualified me for free shipping, to Canada or the US.

Still, as eager as you may be to get your paws on this unobtanium elixir, you should hold off until I confirm they can actually come through. I'll update.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Found some AT-205 purportedly available, and in Canada, no less. Says it's available in December, but I was able to put an order in for six bottles.

View attachment 154647

Reviews for this site are mixed, but the price is fair in Canadian dollars, unlike eBay scalping prices, and there's free shipping for my quantity, So I took a $114 gamble and will post my experience. This could work out to be a Christmas miracle. View attachment 154648

View attachment 154649

They even ship to the US. Regular shipping to the US, which is via FedEx, is too much (like 30 bucks), but I found that when you get to the $99 for free shipping in Canada, as they advertise, you can also get free FedEx shipping to the US. In my example, it was ordering 6 bottles of AT-205 that qualified me for free shipping, to Canada or the US.

Still, as eager as you may be to get your paws on this unobtanium elixir, you should hold off until I confirm they can actually come through. I'll update.
No luck with any of the dealers listed on the Uni-Select site?

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
No luck with any of the dealers listed on the Uni-Select site?
Unfortunately not. I actually did call and was told they had no stock anywhere in all of Canada. From sea to sea to sea, as the Canadian saying goes (The Arctic Ocean is counted.)

I thought of driving down to the Malone, NY Advance Auto, now that the border is opening at the end of the month without the need for a PCR test for trips under 72 hours for the fully vaccinated, but then I found the Wrench Monkey site. If they're just monkeying with me, though, I'm going to totally unleash on them.

Glasses Outerwear Glove Sleeve Beard

On Scotty's forum (yes, I even went there), the upshot from all the posters dazed and confused for want of AT-205, is that it's not discontinued, but the company, like so many others these days (and reminiscent of the USSR), is at the mercy of supply chain and distribution woes, and that it might not be available until 2022.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
I thought of driving down to the Malone, NY Advance Auto, now that the border is opening at the end of the month without the need for a PCR test for trips under 72 hours for the fully vaccinated, but then I found the Wrench Monkey site.
Perhaps stop in here on the way back from Malone.

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Maybe if the Monkey people turn out to be a scam, or if I go on a Cerakote run.

But then my dilemma will be, Malone or Plattsburgh? They're both enticing in their own way. Equidistant from Dannemora. You've got to see that very good miniseries Escape at Dannemora (TV Mini Series 2018) - IMDb to really get a feel for that region.

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Well, as half-expected...
Font Circle Pattern Sky Symmetry

The Wrench Monkey monkeys said:
Dear plplplpl,

The ATP AT205 you had ordered is not in stock currently.

We can bring it in directly from ATP, however, the ETA is mid January.

Normally, we would offer an alternate in another brand however, we do not currently have one available for this item.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and look forward to hearing from you.

The Wrench Monkey Team
[email protected]
1-888-907-8088

I opted to wait until January. We'll see.
Font Circle Symmetry Pattern Grass

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
monkeys said:
Dear plplplpl,

We cannot make any guarantees on delivery of this product.

All the information provided is what ATP provides to us, and at this point they have pushed the delivery date back 4 times since this past April.

The Wrench Monkey
[email protected]
1-888-907-8088

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Score!

Rockauto said:
RockAuto.com ALL THE PARTS YOUR CAR WILL EVER NEED
Availability Alert Notification

Dear plplplpl

Thank you for your interest in purchasing parts from RockAuto. You asked to be notified about the following part:

Transmission-Automatic : Transmission Leak Sealant
ATP Part # AT205

We are sorry to tell you that this part is still out of stock. However, we may have a suitable alternate for you. Please visit the RockAuto catalog under your year, make, model, and engine size to view available parts.

If you are still interested in receiving notifications on this part, please click on the below link and sign up for an 'Availability Alert'.

ATP Part # AT205

RockAuto, LLC
Madison, WI

Ordered three bottles, their max. :)

As of posting this, sold out again. :(

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Is your transmission leaking that much?
Not 't all. It's for spritzing my undercarriage. :)

Shhh, don't tell anyone. It's a...

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Which lasts longer, the struts or the strut mounts?
Let's find out!

Oh wait, that's the Project Farm guy's line.

Anyway, back to that annoying squeaky car noise. And yes, I'm being deliberately ambiguous about whether I'm referring to the suspension or to Scotty. :D

81 - 100 of 116 Posts