Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last time I bought parts from rock auto, they messed up my delivery and ended up coming in a day late to a different address. I paid for two day shipping with DHL, and they dropped the ball. Anyway, I bought some parts a few days ago and upon checkout the delivery date was today. I came home with no package on the porch so I checked the updates. Mind you I live in nampa idaho. What the hell is going on with their shipping? Currently it’s in a different nation (Guam) LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
I tend to think it's more the shipping outfits that are blowing bubbles in the bathtub, as it were.🤪

Also, and this may have been pointed out to you before... :)
Mind you I live in nampa idaho

BTW, Guam is in the same nation as you.

Now, if they shipped it via Canada, I could understand you'd be upset. :D

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,773 Posts
I will not order from Rock Auto simply because I don’t find their discount to be enough to influence my decision and their shipping prices/time it takes to actually get the product is too long for me. I’m ok buying from NAPA or any of the other part stores.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
778 Posts
The tracking states USPS.
On another forum everyone's complaining about USPS's 2 Day shipping.
One member paid $30.00 for 2 Day shipping, and it was already pushing 2 weeks.
I asked if they paid extra for the package to take the "Scenic Tour".
They were freaking out when I told them my shipment from RA came in only one day later than forecast.
I never pay for 2 Day shipping, found I get it just as fast (sometimes faster) using the "Economy" shipping.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,827 Posts
I will not order from Rock Auto simply because I don’t find their discount to be enough to influence my decision and their shipping prices/time it takes to actually get the product is too long for me. I’m ok buying from NAPA or any of the other part stores.
For me, the key factor is, "How bad do you need it." I price check Napa. The price differences is significant. If can wait 3 days, I can pocket a nice savings.
My recent purchase of upper and lower radiator hoses from RA cost $33. Napa $53. I like saving $20.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,498 Posts
Rock auto’s shipping charges are excessive for the most part. Think the last things from them were heavily discounted wiper blades cheap enough to make up for crazy shipping.

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Rock auto’s shipping charges are excessive for the most part. Think the last thing so hot from them were heavily discounted wiper blades cheap enough to make up for crazy shipping.
There is something to be said about the shipping. I had a rather large order for parts this past week. I noticed there was a change in shipping charges. I'm sure fuel prices had something to do with it. But the other thing @RockAuto has done is limiting how much that can go into the box. Simply put, if your ordering multiple items shipping from different warehouses, this can affect your overall cost significantly. I needed to add a $5 PCV valve to my order and the RA shipping calculator would split the items I had in one box into 2 shipments when I added the PCV. Mind you, the PCV valve for a Kia is about the size of your little finger. Needless to say, RA lost that sell along with windshield wiper blades and a sensor, simply because I could not justify the added shipping expense (Note, the PCV valve was available in both A and B warehouses). The original order arrangement was in 5 boxes. I managed to get it down to 3 by changing brands and filling one box at a time and paying separately. I've never been able to add windshield wiper blades to a Rock Auto order and I buy a lot of windshield wiper blades.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,773 Posts
For me, the key factor is, "How bad do you need it." I price check Napa. The price differences is significant. If can wait 3 days, I can pocket a nice savings.
My recent purchase of upper and lower radiator hoses from RA cost $33. Napa $53. I like saving $20.
I get that. Typically for me it’s been $10-15 shipping and 5-10 days of shipping. Usually I can wait that long, but I’m not patient enough.

It really just depends.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
I've never been able to add windshield wiper blades to a Rock Auto order and I buy a lot of windshield wiper blades.
How often are you replacing the wiper blades on your Honda Pilot?
Are you getting cheap economy grade wiper blades, the extended-life type, or something in-between?

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
How often are you replacing the wiper blades on your Honda Pilot?
Are you getting cheap economy grade wiper blades, the extended-life type, or something in-between?
As needed.

Reactions: Depleted Islet

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like a problem with the carrier and not RockAuto
But it’s happened with two different carriers. First one was DHL. This time is USPS. kinda weird in my opinion. But ya, maybe the carriers are having issues.

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
How often is that, since you claim to "buy a lot of windshield wiper blades"?
And, again, what grade of blades are you buying?
8 vehicles that sit out in the weather plus friends and family vehicles. Really hard to say how often. Some driven and used more than others. I buy inexpensive blades.

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Any particular reason you don't choose to use UPS?
RockAuto's automated system chooses for you according to what can save you. Small stuff, USPS is often the first choice, if you add more items it will up you to FedEx ground or DHL. If you want faster service it's a choice between FedEx and DHL. I haven't seen UPS as an option lately.

Reactions: Depleted Islet

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
1 - 20 of 118 Posts