Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rear ended today. All I'm hoping for is that the insurance company doesn't deem this a Total. If not, estimated repair cost?

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would say it's almost certainly going to be totaled and I wouldn't even bother repairing it. She gone...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Yes

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
What does the insurance company say. They are the ones writing the check, not us. If they decide to total it though, I know a guy who would probably buy it and rebuild it.

Hopefully the insurance company will give you good money for it. My 2013 Pilot Touring had an 18K trade in value a few months ago when I traded it in. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
What does the insurance company say. They are the ones writing the check, not us.
I've shopped Copart enough to know that this is a total. It was hit so hard that it buckled up to the roofline. This will be auctioned, disassembled, sold for parts and the rest scrapped.

Reactions: AVC

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,587 Posts
How many miles does it have? I bet you'll get a pretty good amount for it. These Pilots are pretty high value right now. I'm seeing 2013s with 100k+ miles going for $18,000 or more!

·
Registered
2015 EXL AWD Gray ext Black int
25 Posts
I think this is pretty clearly totaled. I hope everyone is OK. Sorry this happened to you. I would like to add that you do NOT have to immediately accept what the insurance company offers - you may be able to negotiate. I recently lost a Sienna that was struck in the rear and my insurance company was wrong about the vehicle in several ways. They used a valuation service called CCC One which missed several features. I also complained about the condition of the vehicle and they raised the valuation. At the end of the day, you are probably insured for ACV - actual cash value. This is significantly less than replacement value - what you would pay for a similar vehicle on a dealers lot. For me, this amounted to a thousand dollars which you will need to sue the at fault party to get. Then you are subjected to the joy of car shopping...

Go Badgers!

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
I've shopped Copart enough to know that this is a total. It was hit so hard that it buckled up to the roofline. This will be auctioned, disassembled, sold for parts and the rest scrapped.
Oh come now, with some of the wrecks you have pointed out in the past on Copart you can't convince me that you don't have at least a passing interest. 😁 😂

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
How many miles does it have? I bet you'll get a pretty good amount for it. These Pilots are pretty high value right now. I'm seeing 2013s with 100k+ miles going for $18,000 or more!
What does the insurance company say. They are the ones writing the check, not us. If they decide to total it though, I know a guy who would probably buy it and rebuild it.

Hopefully the insurance company will give you good money for it. My 2013 Pilot Touring had an 18K trade in value a few months ago when I traded it in. Good luck.
Yep, based on this, We're feeling really good when we recently got a 2015 4WD, w/ trailer towing, back up camera (I think that was standard in 2015?), With only 64.5K miles for............
$15K it is an LX however.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
Got rear ended today. All I'm hoping for is that the insurance company doesn't deem this a Total. If not, estimated repair cost?
View attachment 142011 View attachment 142007 View attachment 142008 View attachment 142009 View attachment 142010
Let me guess? The White color blended in so well, they didn't see it in front of them? LOL
I do seriously though hope no one was badly injured.
AND, I hope whoever hit you actually HAD insurance!
It's amazing, even in most states that require Liability at a minimum, many people still don't have it!

WI? I'm now here too.
Which part?
I'm in a burb of Brewaukee

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,587 Posts
Let me guess? The White color blended in so well, they didn't see it in front of them? LOL
I do seriously though hope no one was badly injured.
AND, I hope whoever hit you actually HAD insurance!
It's amazing, even in most states that require Liability at a minimum, many people still don't have it!

WI? I'm now here too.
Which part?
I'm in a burb of Brewaukee
In GA we have some of the highest insurance costs due to a large amount of uninsured motorists. We are required to carry uninsured motorist coverage as a result. It is pretty surprising that people are able to register their cars without insurance.

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Oh come now, with some of the wrecks you have pointed out in the past on Copart you can't convince me that you don't have at least a passing interest. 😁 😂
Sadly, no. To much damage. 😐

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Not even if you could get a low mileage PS pump and they let you take it out yourself???
Even as bad of shape this Pilot is in, it will likely auction for $2500-3000. I'd pay the middle man for a PS pump unless I wanted the whole front end.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Clean it out. You’re done. :-(

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Totalled fellas, great guesses by everyone. Not surprised especially given the frame damage.

Insurance hooked it up FAT though, just about as much as I payed for it! They noticed that I kept it in great condition :) Shoutout Geico.

And I got the exact same car through Carvana for an even better deal and lower mileage than when I originally purchased this one! I didn't want anything newer or "better"... I just wanted my damn car back haha. She's a 2013, whatever, I LOVED it... your 3-legged dog dies and you say "sweet now I can get a 4-legged one!"... no, you just want the one you had back!

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
VCM disabler, tires, any maintenance needed?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
VCM disabler, tires, any maintenance needed?
Got a full inspection for my vehicle from Carvana, needed new brakes/rotors, they paid for the work in full, cheaper than me returning it I’m sure.

Should I be disabling VCM? I’ve heard of people doing that but didn’t really understand why.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts