Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it necessary to have Pilot serviced at a Honda dealer from day 1 (to keep warranty) or not ? My nearest Honda dealer is not conveniently located at all and I'd rather use a local shop which I trust for regular maintenance visits.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
It is ok, by law, and as explained in the owner's manual. Thanks to kemosabe and bkwon for getting the manual online.

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
From the looks of things, it appears that this vehicle has a serious silicone leak which has been absorbed by the mechanic's upper body.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone recommend a place in Colorado Springs, other than the local Honda dealer, to get my Pilot serviced & maintained/fixed (scheduled and un-scheduled issues) ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:
(...and oldie, but a goodie...)

I've had to take my other car to a non-dealer mechanic before with no problems... :eek: :D
how do they jack up the car :2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
oldbradfordian said:
Can anyone recommend a place in Colorado Springs, other than the local Honda dealer, to get my Pilot serviced & maintained/fixed (scheduled and un-scheduled issues) ?

Thanks.
honda-pilot.org member PILOTinginCO is from Parker, which is a hop, skip, and jump from you... If he doesn't see this thread, you can always try and e-mail/PM him!!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:
honda-pilot.org member PILOTinginCO is from Parker, which is a hop, skip, and jump from you... If he doesn't see this thread, you can always try and e-mail/PM him!!!
Ha!!!! Not even close!! About 50 miles away!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
oldbradfordian said:

Thanks.
I lived in the Springs for about 15 years before moving up to Florissant for the next 12 - and then eventually moved back to Loveland. I still have many friends down there and can check with them if you wish for recommendations.

:)

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
colorider said:
Ha!!!! Not even close!! About 50 miles away!!
In D.C. metro area terms, that is a hop, skip, and jump.:D And from the description of kemosabe's commute in another thread, it's a fraction of what he drives every workday.:p

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
jay said:
In D.C. metro area terms, that is a hop, skip, and jump.:D And from the description of kemosabe's commute in another thread, it's a fraction of what he drives every workday.:p
Yeah, I used to commute 85 miles RT when I lived in Florissant and worked in Colorado Springs. Did it for 12 years - in my "Previous Life"!!

YMMV

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
colorider said:
Yeah, I used to commute 85 miles RT when I lived in Florissant and worked in Colorado Springs. Did it for 12 years - in my "Previous Life"!!

YMMV
For close to 15 years my commute from Manassas to either Landover or Greenbelt, both in Maryland, was 104 miles RT. My 46 mile RT 90 minute commute is a piece of cake.:p And lately, I can put a lot of tele- in front of my commute.;)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
jay said:
For close to 15 years my commute from Manassas to either Landover or Greenbelt, both in Maryland, was 104 miles RT. My 46 mile RT 90 minute commute is a piece of cake.:p And lately, I can put a lot of tele- in front of my commute.;)
Mine is about the same now - 45 miles RT (about 35 minutes each way). And in 1,014 days my commute to work will be 0. Zip.
Nada. Zilch.

(but who's counting?)

:2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
jay said:
So true, jay, so true!!! My 120-mile commute on Thursdays makes 50 miles a walk in the park -- keep in mind, I'm the same person who said that Tampa isn't that far from Ft. Lauderdale... :p

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
jay said:
Telecommute, jay??? :confused:

Wow, I guess I've been lucky in that each time I've called your office, you've been there (unless you have you office phone calls forwarded to your home...)!!!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
colorider said:
Mine is about the same now - 45 miles RT (about 35 minutes each way). And in 1,014 days my commute to work will be 0. Zip.
Nada. Zilch.

(but who's counting?)

:2:
Wha'cha gonna do when you retire? Move down to FL and shack up with either Officer FLPilot or florida_guy, your Sandstone buddies? :D

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:
Wha'cha gonna do when you retire? Move down to FL and shack up with either Officer FLPilot or florida_guy, your Sandstone buddies? :D
What about my Sandstone buddy in Germantown????????

:eek:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
colorider said:
What about my Sandstone buddy in Germantown????????

:eek:
colorider and his Sandstone buddy in Germantown (not me)... :eek: :eek: :eek: :runaway:

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    185.7 KB Views: 92

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
kemosabe said:
Telecommute, jay??? :confused:

Wow, I guess I've been lucky in that each time I've called your office, you've been there (unless you have you office phone calls forwarded to your home...)!!!
Nope, you caught me in the office each time.:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts