Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys,

I am new to this forum. I would like to know more details about fixing engine remote start for Pilot LX 2017(FWD)

Thanks & Regards,
Ben

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm not sure if they did a hardware change to the models with remote start, but I know on the Accord if your car doesn't have remote start, then you just have to pair a new key fob that has a remote start button. I'm pretty sure the Pilot works the same way. Here's a video on this:

·
Registered
26 Posts
What is the purpose of the remote engine start feature? In the 4 years I've had it on my 17 EXL I've never used it. I'm guessing it is for those Pilots that sit outside overnight in freezing temperatures. Even then I don't think I'd use it...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
813 Posts
What is the purpose of the remote engine start feature? In the 4 years I've had it on my 17 EXL I've never used it. I'm guessing it is for those Pilots that sit outside overnight in freezing temperatures. Even then I don't think I'd use it...

Its nice to turn on the car so the engine is warm before you get in. Saves time!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

HI ,

I live in kuwait and here in summer temperature comes nearly 60 C, so if can start the from outside , that will be great, especially with kids

Regards,
Ben

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if they did a hardware change to the models with remote start, but I know on the Accord if your car doesn't have remote start, then you just have to pair a new key fob that has a remote start button. I'm pretty sure the Pilot works the same way. Here's a video on this:

Thanks for your response,

i gone through the video and no on tried it on LX 2017. Here in kuwait it is very difficult to find locksmith. so i need to buy a programming device to do that.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks for your response,

i gone through the video and no on tried it on LX 2017. Here in kuwait it is very difficult to find locksmith. so i need to buy a programming device to do that.
What about a Honda dealership? They should have those there right?

·
Registered
813 Posts
HI

i called deler and they have no idea.

Simply they asked which car you have and answer from them is for LX , not possible
You could tell them you have an EX (or any other trim above LX) and say that you lost one of the key fobs. They most likely will let you purchase another key, but I'm not sure if they will program it to your car. I'm not even 100% sure this will work so you could have 100-200 bucks down the drain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could tell them you have an EX (or any other trim above LX) and say that you lost one of the key fobs. They most likely will let you purchase another key, but I'm not sure if they will program it to your car. I'm not even 100% sure this will work so you could have 100-200 bucks down the drain.
HI

I was searching the street and found one shop who is doing this, still they are saying it is not going to work, may be middle east version is different. Even they didn't tried also.

i asked the price for the fob, they are charging 60 KWD (198 USD), for fob with programming.

·
Registered
113 Posts
you can also reach out to an authorized dealer for CompuStar/ArcticStart systems. I have one in a Gen 1 Ridgeline for the last 5 years and it has worked flawlessly. Key is to get it sourced and installed by an authorized dealer of CompuStar or ArcticStart.

The 60KWD is a decent price for the fob & programming.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HI Guys,

update: i found someone with most of the key programming tools, He charged me 30 KWD(~100 USD) with aftermarket Fob.

Remote start and window rolling is working for my Pilot LX 2017

Thanks & Regards
Ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts