Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only saw Sagebrush Pearl in the brochure until today. I thought it was actually Graphite Pearl borrowed from the Accord, but as it passed, it looked dark green/blue. Then it looked gray again.

Can anyone tell me what the heck this color looks like in the shade vs. the sun?

I was leaning towards Silver, but now I'm not so sure...

Thanks in advance!;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
Sage definitely looks different depending on the sun and your angle to it. From gun metal grey to blue grey to blue green, it's still a great looking color. Although I still like my Silver the Sage was a tough color ot turn down. Honda's late production on it sealed the deal for my Silver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Heli Pilot said:
I only saw Sagebrush Pearl in the brochure until today. I thought it was actually Graphite Pearl borrowed from the Accord, but as it passed, it looked dark green/blue. Then it looked gray again.

Can anyone tell me what the heck this color looks like in the shade vs. the sun?

I was leaning towards Silver, but now I'm not so sure...

Thanks in advance!;)
You really have to see it in person to appreciate it best...Depending on the light and the angle, it actually changes color from dark green to dark blue, and sometimes looks dark grey. Very unique...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Heli Pilot said:
I only saw Sagebrush Pearl in the brochure until today. I thought it was actually Graphite Pearl borrowed from the Accord, but as it passed, it looked dark green/blue. Then it looked gray again.

Can anyone tell me what the heck this color looks like in the shade vs. the sun?

I was leaning towards Silver, but now I'm not so sure...

Thanks in advance!;)
yes, Heli Pilot it does seem to look different in different light,
I had seen it at the dealer a couple of times in the evening when it was just getting dark out and it looked like
a gunmetal Grey but I pulled up behind one on a bright sunny day and it definitely looked like a dark blue green.I can't wait ,mine is being built any time now, they gave me a date between1/29 and 2/3, so only a couple of weeks or less to go! :29: :2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
I find the same with my Havasu Blue. On the website, the color's very drab and on the darker side. But when my wife and I saw it in person, it was actually very light, like sky blue. My wife liked it right away. Then, I noticed one night that the car took on a richer tone and color.

I think it's the metallic nature of the paint that does this. It seems to absorb or reflect the ambient light. So, if it's sunny and bright, the car looks nice and bright, but at night or dusk, the shade changes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
My sage pilot definitely gives off different colors based on the light and angle of viewing - just like my metallic green landcruiser (which looks blue or black depending on the light conditions).

Waffle between black, silver and the sage but the dynamic color of the sage sold me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
totally agree with Riprock, It changes to light blue, then sometimes a tinge darker depending on the light, and sometimes a green..

I like the way the paint has this ability to change shades.

rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
So many people have asked me, "WHAT color IS that???"
It's like a chameleon. If you look close the metallic colors are pink and a teal. Bizarre! It's a great color whatever color it happens to be at the moment! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
I Love It!!!

I think its really cool how the Sagebrush Pearl appears to change color. It gives my PILOT even more personality!!


PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of your responses. I really do need to see another Sage in person. I've only seen one and it was definitely unique. Everytime I stop by the dealer, they never have any Pilots in stock.

Maybe in a few weeks they'll have some for me to look at, but right now, I guess I have to keep my eye out for one on the road.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Heli Pilot said:
Thanks for all of your responses. I really do need to see another Sage in person. I've only seen one and it was definitely unique. Everytime I stop by the dealer, they never have any Pilots in stock.

Maybe in a few weeks they'll have some for me to look at, but right now, I guess I have to keep my eye out for one on the road.

:)
Where are you located, Heli Pilot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in Morris County, NJ...

Got way too much snow & ice so far this winter. I will not go through another winter like we just had without owning a 4WD.

Looked at the Envoy, nice, but scared of reliability issues. I drive 35 miles one way to work everyday, so I need something reliable.

Explorer does nothing for me.

Love the new XC90, but a bit pricey for my taste. My wife drives an '01 Pathfinder. It has 24K on it without a single issue. Great truck, just don't want another one.

That leaves me with the Pilot. Read a lot on it and then yesterday I saw the Sage color and fell in love. Only got to see it for 5 seconds or so. I actually thought it was a "new" color, not seen in the brochure. That's how unique it looked. I've seen black, silver, white, red, and havasu blue, but not the Sage...

:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
warehouse

I brought my Pilot into the warehouse today and it looks very different. I noticed how it picked up colors when I first saw it which is what drew me to it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Re: Re: Is it me, or does Sagebrush Pearl change color depending on the light?

pre-sage pilot said:


yes, Heli Pilot it does seem to look different in different light,
I had seen it at the dealer a couple of times in the evening when it was just getting dark out and it looked like
a gunmetal Grey but I pulled up behind one on a bright sunny day and it definitely looked like a dark blue green.I can't wait ,mine is being built any time now, they gave me a date between1/29 and 2/3, so only a couple of weeks or less to go! :29: :2:
Ths was a major selling point for me, too. I like grey and silver, my wife wanted black. Our dealer had just gotten the Sagebrush in when we bought ours from stock. It looked more like a gunmetal or charcoal at night when we picked ours out. The Web portrayals of the color just don't do it justice. The only downside is that touch up still isn't available.

Our sagebrush looks lighter inside the door jambs than on the exterior. Anyone else notice this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Heli Pilot said:
I'm in Morris County, NJ...

Got way too much snow & ice so far this winter. I will not go through another winter like we just had without owning a 4WD.
:cool:


Heli Pilot,
I'm in North jersey myself and I just got my VIN #:2: and my
Sage Ex should be at Rte 23 Honda,Pompton Plains NJ in a week
to 10 days,so you might want to stop in there next weekend or
call them,.
I'm dealing with Dino ext3017,got it for list with a discount off
the accesories(that i had to fight for).:1:

If that doesn't work let me know and maybe we could hook up and you could see mine!By the way I agree with your statement about all this snow and ice ,which I've been dying to have my
Pilot for!
I'll be adding my VIN# to the list tonite! :4: :29:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Question to Sage Brush owners??

We haven't bought our Pilot yet, I've just been gathering info from this site to best prepare myself when I start dealing with the local car dealers. This site is amazing-thanks alot to all the people who have posted valuable info!!
When we finally do make our Pilot purchase, my wife has told me that she REALLY wants Sage Brush. The problem (to me, anyway) is that I'm the one that has to keep it clean:).We've had a dark green Volvo wagon for 7 years now and it's nice when it's clean, but it shows the dirt pretty quickly. I'm leaning towards a lighter color like white or silver, but like I said, she REALLY wants Sage Brush. I too have only seen one on the road (briefly) so i really don't have an accurate idea of how dark it is. My question to any of you Sage Brush owners is- does it tend to show ALL the dirt and dust rather quickly??
thanks in advance for any responses!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Re: Question to Sage Brush owners??

humanpole said:
We haven't bought our Pilot yet, I've just been gathering info from this site to best prepare myself when I start dealing with the local car dealers. This site is amazing-thanks alot to all the people who have posted valuable info!!
When we finally do make our Pilot purchase, my wife has told me that she REALLY wants Sage Brush. The problem (to me, anyway) is that I'm the one that has to keep it clean:).We've had a dark green Volvo wagon for 7 years now and it's nice when it's clean, but it shows the dirt pretty quickly. I'm leaning towards a lighter color like white or silver, but like I said, she REALLY wants Sage Brush. I too have only seen one on the road (briefly) so i really don't have an accurate idea of how dark it is. My question to any of you Sage Brush owners is- does it tend to show ALL the dirt and dust rather quickly??
thanks in advance for any responses!!
Uh...Well... Yes. I really does show the dirt. :rolleyes:
BUT..... It shouldn't stop you from getting the color you (or your wife) really want! Go for it!! :29:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pre-Sage Pilot,

I'll have to stop by Rt 23 Honda to check it out. I was at Joyce Honda in Denville and they had NONE. If you have the capability, I'd love to see some pics when you get it!

Are you getting the leather or cloth?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Re: Question to Sage Brush owners??

humanpole said:
We haven't bought our Pilot yet, I've just been gathering info from this site to best prepare myself when I start dealing with the local car dealers. This site is amazing-thanks alot to all the people who have posted valuable info!!
When we finally do make our Pilot purchase, my wife has told me that she REALLY wants Sage Brush. The problem (to me, anyway) is that I'm the one that has to keep it clean:).We've had a dark green Volvo wagon for 7 years now and it's nice when it's clean, but it shows the dirt pretty quickly. I'm leaning towards a lighter color like white or silver, but like I said, she REALLY wants Sage Brush. I too have only seen one on the road (briefly) so i really don't have an accurate idea of how dark it is. My question to any of you Sage Brush owners is- does it tend to show ALL the dirt and dust rather quickly??
thanks in advance for any responses!!
Hey Humanpole: I'm a Starlight Silver owner and can tell you honestly that this is the best color I've ever owned for keeping it looking clean. I live in Washington State where there is constant road film on my cars, and this is the perfect camouflage. The Sage is gorgeous though...I think you'd LOVE either one you go with...but I've owned white, and it's hideous to keep looking clean, I think worse than Sage ever would be.
Keep us posted on what you chose :)
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top