Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

New to this forum, just got a 2019 Pilot. Planning a trip with 5 passengers so plan to put the rear seat down, and will need additional storage capacity. I already have the OEM roof rails and bars, so thinking of pulling the trigger on the Honda Medium Roof Box. Anyone have experience with Honda's roof boxes? Are they as good as Thule, etc? I've never had one so clueless.

Thanks!
OB

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes, they are good i have had one on my 2016 pilot for the past 3 years, they are actually a medium end Thule rebranded to Honda. the only downside is each hook (4 hooking points to the crossbar) is a screw on (easy) while a real Thule is a clampdown

·
Registered
159 Posts
I rented the medium sized one from my local dealer. It’s a basic box, it’s relatively water tight. I drove it 10 hours through rain and it kept the contents dry. It’s fairly aerodynamic with little wind noise. I do have Yakima Whispbars for cross bars so that might make a difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to go with a Thule Motion XT L instead of the dealer model. Looks a better design and better attachment.

Thanks all!

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts