Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda RES on factory-NAV

Finally, my Pilot is in!! Going over some details and accessories over the phone and the Business Manager hears my kids going on. Asks why I didn't go with the DVD. I explained that I wanted both and knew it was easier to start with NAV. He then asked if I was interested in having original DVD system added. I say, didn't know that was an option. (I don't think its been mentioned on the site and since this is one the few NAV's they've sold).

He explained the radio is controlled on NAV therefore the bottom bay is still available for the DVD player, could this be true? HELP, I'm stopping by the dealer this afternoon to see the unit and speak to the service guy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ejpnyc said:
Finally, my Pilot is in!! Going over some details and accessories over the phone and the Business Manager hears my kids going on. Asks why I didn't go with the DVD. I explained that I wanted both and knew it was easier to start with NAV. He then asked if I was interested in having original DVD system added. I say, didn't know that was an option. (I don't think its been mentioned on the site and since this is one the few NAV's they've sold, I'm not feeling the love).

He explained the radio is controlled on NAV therefore the bottom bay is still available for the DVD player, could this be true? HELP, I'm stopping by the dealer this afternoon to see the unit and speak to the service guy.
Honda just released yesterday the optional DVD system as an accessory for Pilots, Odysseys and Accords. I would imagine that you should be able to put in the DVD with your NAV.

It's about time, right?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jerry,

Then this guy isnt pulling leg. Then it has been well worth the wait (3 months, I kept changing my mind). Almost cancelled my order two weeks ago to order the MDX with NAV+RES. Wow, I just saved over $8K.

I'm heading over first thing this morning. Do you think the install will be finished and ready to deliver Sat. morning?

Honda is doing the right thing, parents have the right to not to get lost, keep there kids entertained and enjoy a great ride.

Thanks for your quick response!!!

You DA MAN

·
Registered
64 Posts
ejpnyc said:
Jerry,

Then this guy isnt pulling leg. Then it has been well worth the wait (3 months, I kept changing my mind). Almost cancelled my order two weeks ago to order the MDX with NAV+RES. Wow, I just saved over $8K.

I'm heading over first thing this morning. Do you think the install will be finished and ready to deliver Sat. morning?

Honda is doing the right thing, parents have the right to not to get lost, keep there kids entertained and enjoy a great ride.

Thanks for your quick response!!!

You DA MAN
By Saturday morning? No.

I dont think you have seen what it takes to install a IVES or whatever this new acronym is...it's a HUGE job. The dash is completely taken out, and the roof liner is fully removed. I would say its about a 6 hour job at least.

My suggestion is to purchase your Pilot, they will put your DVD on a WE OWE slip. Ask them to set you up with a loaner car when you are ready to have it installed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jerry,

Where does the DVD player go? Which bay is used? Or do you lose some of the console storage space? The salesguys didn't have a clue and they were waiting for Honda to get back to the service guys.

I opted to have it done after delivery, no reason to rush the first install.

Thanks,

·
Registered
64 Posts
dvd player

the player will go in dash. It will be below the NAV display and above the "storage area. You will lose some storage area in the dash...however, your kids will LOVE you!

I have had major brats in my dealership, and when we go to deliver the Ody or Pilot with DVD ,. they are speechless! :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Jerry,
Last time I checked, there are air vents underneath the Navi
screen. So, one more time, where will the DVD player go?

I briefly considered installed an aftermarket in-dash DVD player
on my Navi EX, but w/o removing the ashtray and the lighter,
it's IMPOSSIBLE (othe then replacing the CD/TAPE DECK assembly),
and even then I don't think there is enough room

So my question is, do you know something I don't or are you
just guessing?

·
Registered
64 Posts
kruzo said:
Jerry,
Last time I checked, there are air vents underneath the Navi
screen. So, one more time, where will the DVD player go?

I briefly considered installed an aftermarket in-dash DVD player
on my Navi EX, but w/o removing the ashtray and the lighter,
it's IMPOSSIBLE (othe then replacing the CD/TAPE DECK assembly),
and even then I don't think there is enough room

So my question is, do you know something I don't or are you
just guessing?
MY APOLOGIES!

I had our Regional Parts Manager in the dealership this past Thursday, he said that it would go in them all. So, after your post I went down to our parts computer and sure enough....it is NOT availabvle for the NAV Odyssey.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, then it is available for the Pilot???

When I took delivery this morning, they were still unsure and checking with Honda. They have until Monday, if not than they will rewrite my sale without the DVD installation.

The B.M. mentioned some new brackets and the fact the radio was controlled on the NAV, so that could mean one of three things

1) Removal of existing radio/cd/cassette and installation of a new cd/cassette unit plus the DVD player.
2) Removal of existing radio/cd/cassette and installation of a DVD/CD/Cassette unit and the loss of playing cd and DVD at the same time
3) B.M. is B.S.ing

Guesses anyone??

·
Registered
64 Posts
ejpnyc said:
Okay, then it is available for the Pilot???

When I took delivery this morning, they were still unsure and checking with Honda. They have until Monday, if not than they will rewrite my sale without the DVD installation.

The B.M. mentioned some new brackets and the fact the radio was controlled on the NAV, so that could mean one of three things

1) Removal of existing radio/cd/cassette and installation of a new cd/cassette unit plus the DVD player.
2) Removal of existing radio/cd/cassette and installation of a DVD/CD/Cassette unit and the loss of playing cd and DVD at the same time
3) B.M. is B.S.ing

Guesses anyone??
When I wrote that yesterday, I was pretty pissed. I expected to have better info from my Parts Rep than what I received. In my haste I just said Odyssey...it is NOT available for Odyssey OR PIlot. Same thing with the in dash 6 disc cd changer.

Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm a little confused on this 6 disc in-dash CD changer issue. The previous post seems to indicate it is not available for the Pilot. However, I just read Service Bulletin 02-029 (PDI) dtd 5/21/02 (was interested in the body plugs) and on page 7 of 9 it indicates all EX models are equipped with it. I have not yet tried the one in my EX out but was under the impression it is a single disc unit.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
seadog said:
I'm a little confused on this 6 disc in-dash CD changer issue. The previous post seems to indicate it is not available for the Pilot. However, I just read Service Bulletin 02-029 (PDI) dtd 5/21/02 (was interested in the body plugs) and on page 7 of 9 it indicates all EX models are equipped with it. I have not yet tried the one in my EX out but was under the impression it is a single disc unit.
Well now I am too? Thought it was an extra? :confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Alot of the early documentation on the pilot (technical bulletins etc..) references that the EX comes with a Radio that includes a 6 Disc Changer standard (just like the CR-V EX)...instead it came out with only a 1disc player...The assumption is the 6disc was pulled at the last minute either because of an availablity or cost issue.

There is a 6-disc in dash option (separate unit) that is available for the LX as a dealer installed option. It does not fit in the EX because they never made a faceplate/mounting plate to fit the EX dash . Again the assumption is they never planned on having to make a faceplate since the EX was supposed to have it built in. Anyway, one would think that an option will eventually become available (or a mod to the LX version).

Anyway, currently the only option is the underseat changer for the EX (either the Honda or an aftermarket Alpine)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where can you find Honda Service bulletins for the Pilot online?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
daviddog...

Thanks for clearing up that 6-disc question! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I want to know this also, I just bought a new Ody NAV and the iVes DVD will fit, it takes the place of the dash mounted cup holders. I also have a Pilot NAV and want to know where the DVD player will fit? It would be great to have both on the Pilot.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Norb

I also have a Pilot NAV and want to know where the DVD player will fit?
That's $100,000 question. Honda has not figured that out. They can't seem to have the act together with the IVES for the Pilot.

If you look at page 168 or so (don't have the manual in front of me), Honda was going to offer an EX Radio/DVD Player. I guess that never went into production or will come later.

I've decided to wait it out, I dont like the idea of cutting into the dash. I'd like to keep it as original as possible.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts