Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 pilot is over 150,000 mile now, want to replace the timing belt. Found a lot of oem kits on ebay for just about $150, is this too good to be true?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
My 2011 pilot is over 150,000 mile now, want to replace the timing belt. Found a lot of oem kits on ebay for just about $150, is this too good to be true?
It's not worth the savings.
Buy from a reputable parts store. I recommend the Aisin Timing Belt Water Pump Kit. The part # is TKH002. There is a 5% discount code for RockAuto that can be found somewhere on this site.

Reactions: road2cycle

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I was just examining some of the parts they claim to be OEM. I'd steer clear of this stuff. It looks like import knock offs to me.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
It also depends on who the seller is. If it's from a dealership then you would think it was legit. Have a link to said TB kit on ebay?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
It also depends on who the seller is. If it's from a dealership then you would think it was legit. Have a link to said TB kit on ebay?
Just go to ebay and type in 2011 Honda Pilot OEM timing belt kit. It all looks pretty cheezy.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
I'm sure that there are some honest reputable sellers on e-bay. With that said, with the multitude of counterfeit items sold on e-bay, do you really want to trust your vehicle and potentially your life to an unknown seller, with no known place of business and no one to talk/complain to and easily get a refund from when your OEM Honda part is stamped "Handa" in a package with Bangladeshi markinga on it. The genuine Jade "Ming" vase you got from e-bay won't kill you or destroy your vehicle. You probably won't get your money back when you discover that the Jade part of the description was not of the material, but the name of the plastics factory that made the vase, but your valves won't be protruding from the heads either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not worth the savings.
Buy from a reputable parts store. I recommend the Aisin Timing Belt Water Pump Kit. The part # is TKH002. There is a 5% discount code for RockAuto that can be found somewhere on this site.
View attachment 136268

Hi Nail, I have one more question for you. I have searched RockAuto, it seems like they have a lot of bad reviews online. Do you folks feel comfortable to do business with them? thanks.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
502 Posts
Hi Nail, I have one more question for you. I have searched RockAuto, it seems like they have a lot of bad reviews online. Do you folks feel comfortable to do business with them? thanks.
I just bought over $1000 worth of parts from them for my Pilot in the past month. So far I haven't had any problems, and I've been using them for years so I haven't looked at online reviews for them until now. But holy hell, the reviews are bad, so either there's lots of vocal disgruntled customers all of a sudden, or I've just gotten lucky with not having any problems so far. It's making me second-guess using them next time I need some parts.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
It depends on what your buying and how fast you need it. When I'm working on a project car and I can foretell my needs, Rockauto saves me a lot of money. They are great for buying maintenance items like spark plugs, belts, hoses, oil , air and cabin filters, Aisin Timing Belt Water Pump Kit. When I shop for parts there, I look for the same brands I can find at Orielly, AutoZone etc. If a major outlet sells it, then I feel it's a brand I can somewhat trust. On parts like aftermarket catalytic converters that didn't bolt up, They refunded my money, but the way their return process works, if your not careful about how you select the options, you may find yourself paying shipping for the return. They have the worst customer service ever and the email responses at times are less than caring. This is enough for some not to do business with them. I give @RockAuto an F - in customer relations. But if you know what you want likely they will have the best price (A+).

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I just bought over $1000 worth of parts from them for my Pilot in the past month. So far I haven't had any problems, and I've been using them for years so I haven't looked at online reviews for them until now. But holy hell, the reviews are bad, so either there's lots of vocal disgruntled customers all of a sudden, or I've just gotten lucky with not having any problems so far. It's making me second-guess using them next time I need some parts.
Rockauto is not for the inexperienced. If you make the mistake, you will pay. That doesn't work for the majority. Your just good at getting exactly what you need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts