Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Piloteers, I have a 2019 Pilot EXL with Sensing. I recently replaced the windshield, and as per the dealership service personnel I needed the camera calibration. I bought the OEM glass and got it installed, but the installer said that you really don’t need it just watch the Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) and Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) so far is what we tried that is working. Do we really need a calibration that is $300? Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,304 Posts
Who paid for the replacement windshield. If it was insurance then the calibration should also be covered. It's like getting in an accident and insurance only paying for a new fender, but not for painting it. Do you really need the paint?

Here is how I determine if something in needed when a third party like you describe gives that kind of advise. I ask them if they are willing to take responsibility if they are wrong. If they say no, then I have my answer.

But that's just me.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yes it needs to be done. The calibration sets the distance and angle judgements in the camera and millimeter wave radar, the system doesn't learn it operates by what it was told(calibration). Insurance companies here pay for and demand it's done, that alone should tell you the importance, because they pay for nothing that isn't absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it needs to be done. The calibration sets the distance and angle judgements in the camera and millimeter wave radar, the system doesn't learn it operates by what it was told(calibration). Insurance companies here pay for and demand it's done, that alone should tell you the importance, because they pay for nothing that isn't absolutely necessary.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the response, I’m gonna get it done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts