Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I searched within the forum and I couldn't find an answer. I am sure it's been answered, but I couldn't find it. My wife and I own a 2013 EX with 4WD. Before we purchased the Pilot from my fathers estate, I thought I read some place that if you had the EX with 4WD it came standard with an ATF and PS cooler. That you only needed to add on if you had 2WD. Can someone advise if the 2013 EX 4WD comes standard with the above coolers? My wife and I want to get a small camper, but I need to know if I have to get a cooler installed or not.

Thank you all in advance...

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I searched within the forum and I couldn't find an answer. I am sure it's been answered, but I couldn't find it. My wife and I own a 2013 EX with 4WD. Before we purchased the Pilot from my fathers estate, I thought I read some place that if you had the EX with 4WD it came standard with an ATF and PS cooler. That you only needed to add on if you had 2WD. Can someone advise if the 2013 EX 4WD comes standard with the above coolers? My wife and I want to get a small camper, but I need to know if I have to get a cooler installed or not.

Thank you all in advance...
I feel it be pretty safe to say if you vehicle did not come equiped with a tow package, you do not have an ATF cooler.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
If you have one, it will look like this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the recv'r behind the bumper, but no harness. So without a 4 pin harness from the factory, I am taking that means no towing package

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I've seen @Daltongang post this picture about 10 times in the last month... I thought all 4WD models came with the transmission cooler and the owner's manual seems to corroborate that. My '15 EX-L AWD has a transmission cooler and hitch but did not come with any wiring, I had to add that.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have the recv'r behind the bumper, but no harness. So without a 4 pin harness from the factory, I am taking that means no towing package
Check out the link for info on selecting a wire harness. It was an ez installation on my '04. I did modify my installation to keep the connectors outside under the bumper where they should be.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
So do all 2013 4WD Pilot's come with a tow hitch? Obviously Tow hitch = ATF cooler.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
So do all 2013 4WD Pilot's come with a tow hitch? Obviously Tow hitch = ATF cooler.
I believe ALL 2nd gens came with a tow hitch but FWD models could be had with or without the ATF cooler...

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
I've seen @Daltongang post this picture about 10 times in the last month... I thought all 4WD models came with the transmission cooler and the owner's manual seems to corroborate that. My '15 EX-L AWD has a transmission cooler and hitch but did not come with any wiring, I had to add that.

View attachment 137780
My 2013 Pilot Touring came with it all, hitch, wiring and ATF cooler. I think Honda swaps it up between years. My 2020 Passport Touring didn't come with any of it on any trim level. It is an add on. Don't care about the hitch or wiring but I like my transmission so added the cooler anyway.

And Yeah I post the year appropriate version quite a bit. I have found that a lot of people do not understand what their actually towing capacity is for their particular vehicle and life circumstances.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts