Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many years, I've had a custom fit sunshade for the front windshield in my '98 Accord. Sure, there's plenty of sunshades out there on the market, but most of them have a generic fit, and let more light in then they actually keep out.

I called Tim, and asked if he had anything custom fit for the Pilot. I think the cost was between $30-$35, but I thought it was well worth the money for a good fitting, good quality product.

The tinted rear windows on the Pilot do a really good job of keeping the interior cool in my opinion, but the addition of this custom sunshade made a difference too. That only leaves the front two windows for direct sunlight to come through.

Although the fit wasn't perfect from side to side, it was perfect from top to bottom. There might me about an inch on each side, but I was overall very satisfied by the fit. Part of the gap may be caused by any sagging away from the windshield.

I found the materials to be very sturdy and of good quality - you can tell the first time you pick it up that its well made. And the edges appear to be wrapped in a velvet type material so as not to scratch your dash when you're putting it in.

Installation, if you want to even call it that, takes only seconds - undo the velcro strap, unroll it, put it in the window, and put down the sun visors.

The only trouble I had was with the Auto Day/Night mirror since its a little bigger than the standard mirror. I had to crease the shade a little in that area to get it in, or rotate the mirror a little.

Removal is just as easy - just roll it up, and affix it with the velcro strap. Then I either throw it in the back row, or in the cargo net to keep it from rolling around.

Overall, I would give it my thumbs up!

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here is a quick snapshot from the inside. You can see the velcro strap hanging down on the passengers side...

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks good ! I hate sunshades that don't fit - I'm using one right now .....

Who is Tim? What is his #?

THANKS!:2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grafton said:
Looks good ! I hate sunshades that don't fit - I'm using one right now .....

Who is Tim? What is his #?

THANKS!:2:
Kim,

Tim is from www.hondacuraworld.com and is a frequent poster to this site.

You can contact him at 1-888-RAY-LAKS.

Good luck!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
emc02 said:
Is this a Honda or third-party accessory?
To the best of my knowledge, Honda does not make an "official" Honda sunshade. This is made by a company called Intro-Tech. I believe the price was $32.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They sell Intro-Tech windshield shades at the Honda Dealership around my city. Each one was label with a specific year/model so I'm pretty sure they're what the doctor ordered!
If anyone has a 06 accord intro-tech for under $20 email me at [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts