Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided last night to try out the 3rd row seat to see how comfortable (or not so) that is was. In the process, I turned on the right rear handle light. After pushing on it, it didn't return to it's home position until I pressed on the front edge of the lens. It seems either it is binding or the spring loaded function is defective. All the other ones go in and out with a solid, quality, click.

Anyone else have that trouble?

I'll have them take a look at it my next trip to Lincoln I guess.

Otherwise, no thunks, clunks or scrunches to speak of!

·
Registered
307 Posts
my second row did that, dealer wasnt surprised, seems he'd seen it before, ordered a couple new ones and replaced em. you might want to call and have them order the parts so you dont have to make 2 trips.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'll do. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Light switch

I have one of those that sticks. Actually the switch is okay. I found out by twisting the handle base where the screw is in would release any binding on the lens. From this I can understand what has happened. During the assembly, as the screws were tightened on the handles they twisted a bit making them out of alignment. I will try to loosen the offending screw and hold it straight while I snug it back up.

Phillip
RedRock EX-NAVI
San Jose,CA

·
Registered
61 Posts
Me Too

My son noticed the same issue with the 2nd row drivers side light after I had my sunroof put in. In my case, the plastic on one side of the lens/switch was bucling inward and rubbing on the side of the lens, causing it to stick when depressed. It would get worse after the light was left on because the plastic warms up and buckles worse. There is no screw near the front of the assembly to hold it to the roof, and if there is excess force pulling on the front, it causes the plastic walls to buckle and interfere with the lens. If it happens again, push inward on the front of the plastic frame (not the lens), and see if it releases. I plan to have it replaced when I take in in for my "issues" list.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The same thing happen to my pilot as hilagerone (3rd row right map light). I took it back to the dealer on tuesday and they adjusted the tention spring inside. I have my pilot (LX-L with DVD)now for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
How the Pilot handle up in Lincoln, NE?

hilgerone said:
I decided last night to try out the 3rd row seat to see how comfortable (or not so) that is was. In the process, I turned on the right rear handle light. After pushing on it, it didn't return to it's home position until I pressed on the front edge of the lens. It seems either it is binding or the spring loaded function is defective. All the other ones go in and out with a solid, quality, click.

Anyone else have that trouble?

I'll have them take a look at it my next trip to Lincoln I guess.

Otherwise, no thunks, clunks or scrunches to speak of!
No problems with our handle lights, but the switch on the driver's door for the right rear window was sticking in the "UP" position. Giving the door handle a twist would fix for a day or two. As mentioned in some other posts, it seems there was something binding and putting pressure on the switch housing.
My dealer replaced the switch control panel in the driver's door (first try) and then the whole door panel - problem solved.

By the way hilgerone, how's the weather up there in NE? :D I'm from there originally and plan on driving the Pilot up in a couple months.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Happened on mine too...went to honda and got the handle replaced....good as new...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes, I noticed this problem when I looked over my Pilot upon arriving home from the dealer. Also, the rear ac and heat weren't working, so I called the dealer and made an appointment. They replaced the handle and located an electrical connector that wasn't plugged in inside the center console. Now all is well, but it sounds like the handle probably didn't need to be replaced, just re-installed without twisting.

·
Registered
388 Posts
my .02... i have noticed one of the handles does not appear to seated all the way on the ceiling surface..there is a large crack between the base of the handle and the ceiling i noiticed htis right after we picked it upand took a picture of it but have not got them developed yet. I was somewhat disappointed when i saw it and wondered about other fit issues on the vehicle, functionally though it works fine

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: How the Pilot handle up in Lincoln, NE?

tim.s said:
By the way hilgerone, how's the weather up there in NE? :D I'm from there originally and plan on driving the Pilot up in a couple months.
Well, yesterday morning, I woke up to a balmy 3 degrees F. Today, at about 3PM it was 54 and sunny. But since you have lived here before, that comes as no surprise I'm sure. What part of Nebraska are you from?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts