Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the eleventh hour and all of the sudden I realize I still have some homework to do regarding the geniune Honda Care Extended Warranty. I live in Florida and apparanty the Honda Care Extended Warranties sold through the Florida Honda Dealerships are regulated by the state of Florida. Therefore, the price is also regulated and fixed at $2330 (100k miles/7 year/$0 deductible) from any Honda Dealership in Florida. In order to save money, will I have any problems at my local Honda dealership in Florida if I purchase a Honda Care Extended Warranty over the internet from Curry Honda in Massachuttes for example? I can save over $1000 by buying over the internet. Please advise if there are any loophopes or anything I should consider first before making an internet warranty purchase.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thats a tough one.

Thats a tough one to answer, you can't ask the sales dept. because if they tell you that you have to buy the warranty in the state of Florida, how do you trust them.

You might try and call a service dept. this morning of a Honda dealership and say "that you bought a Honda warranty from Mass. and are having a problem with your Pilot, you want to make sure that there would be no problem with having your car serviced before you bring it in" and see what they say. I can't believe it matters which state you have bought your warranty from. I do know that since I bought my warranty in Calif. and if my car broke down in, say Nevada, it would be covered, so I can't believe it would be any different for you.

Thats sounds like a Bush regulation! :3:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
www.hondawarranty.com will have cheaper rates. If they are willing to sell you in florida over the internet then you should be good to go.

Best of luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
dukeofjuke said:
It's the eleventh hour and all of the sudden I realize I still have some homework to do regarding the geniune Honda Care Extended Warranty. I live in Florida and apparanty the Honda Care Extended Warranties sold through the Florida Honda Dealerships are regulated by the state of Florida. Therefore, the price is also regulated and fixed at $2330 (100k miles/7 year/$0 deductible) from any Honda Dealership in Florida. In order to save money, will I have any problems at my local Honda dealership in Florida if I purchase a Honda Care Extended Warranty over the internet from Curry Honda in Massachuttes for example? I can save over $1000 by buying over the internet. Please advise if there are any loophopes or anything I should consider first before making an internet warranty purchase.
I live in Florida and I bought mine on line.
Saved a bunch of money. Its a factory warranty, the dealer must honor it. I figure, what if I lived in Boston when I purchased my Honda with warranty, then decided to move to Florida? I have all the doc's , go ahead and save some money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts