Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Piloteers,
I have a 2014 Pilot EXL. I’m starting to have certain things happen quite similar to some of you. First my turn signal switch R side only gets intermittent on me. The left turn signal works fine. Relay is good. One good days both sides work extremely well. What I notice when it gets intermittent I don’t feel or hear a click when I push up on the turn signal lever. I’m leaning towards the turn signal switch unit on this one. All my grounds are good and no blown LED bulbs. I run resistors on my LEDs to eliminate hyper flash. What do you guys think?
My second issue is the check engine light with P0420 code bank 1 low threshold. 130k on the clock. After much research and speaking with techs they all stated rear cat replacement. They also recommended to use Walker or Doorman as OE replacement. I will update this thread if I reach success.

Jonnie2times
Pilot aka the Beast

·
Registered
166 Posts
Side question, can you ping me how you got around hyper flash on your front CK turn signal? I have been struggling for almost 2 years and can't overcome it and this is with resistors. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Side question, can you ping me how you got around hyper flash on your front CK turn signal? I have been struggling for almost 2 years and can't overcome it and this is with resistors. Thanks.
Yes. Buy the resistors from Amazon. It’s gold aluminum casing 50W 6ohm. Don’t go cheap on this. These resistors do get hot and needs proper heat dissipation. Most importantly make the sure the wires aren’t flimsy. It tends to break. I just relayed to ground wire and flasher wire. Solved the hyper flash instantly.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,039 Posts
I think you’ve probably already found the solution. You’ve checked the wiring. The switch acts funny and problems appear. Intermittent problems are the worst.
Don’t know how much a switch is but I’d be tempted to order a new one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you’ve probably already found the solution. You’ve checked the wiring. The switch acts funny and problems appear. Intermittent problems are the worst.
Don’t know how much a switch is but I’d be tempted to order a new one.
Rocky,
I’m hopeful. The switch Honda OE turn signal switch assembly is $45.00 from Amazon. I try to use as much OEM parts as I can. I will update once the switch comes in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts