Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
28,500 Miles, 2016 EX-L. Just purchased and have been driving for about 4 weeks. There have been about four occasions when the transmission has a rough 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 shift. Possibly all shifts, when this is occurring, so maybe 2-3 and 3-4 and up. We discovered that shutting the engine off and restarting seems to do a system reset and the shifting problem disappears. Have not taken it to the dealer yet, but plan to. I believe we have a 60K mile drivetrain warranty, so that's good. I did see something about a 35K mile warranty in another psot, so I'll double check. Any thoughts or advice for bringing it to the dealer? TIA.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The dealer had to perform a software adjustment on the trans shortly around 10k on my old 2016. I believe there was a TSB on it but not 100% sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer couldn't recreate the problem so there's nothing they can do. I hate dealer service. The dealer said the TSB doesn't apply, as it's a harsh shift, not the "judder". They said the ATF should be changed at 30k miles.....uh what? Most cars are now 50-100K miles and I couldn't find it in my manual. So they did nothing. At least they didn't bill me for zero help with my problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts