Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot 2WD
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my cruise control has become intermittent. I have eliminated the fuse, the steering wheel switch, the switch down by your left knee, and the brake switch. Any ideas on what to check/replace next? BTW 332.000 + miles on my pilot.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
Did you check the fuse with a meter? I wouldn’t trust the eyeball check if that’s what you did.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot 2WD
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you elaborate more on what you mean by intermittent? Is that it works sometimes, but not others? Or if enabled it will turn off unexpectedly?
t
w
Can you elaborate more on what you mean by intermittent? Is that it works sometimes, but not others? Or if enabled it will turn off unexpectedly?
I commute about 40 miles to work on the same smooth stretch of road. My cruise control quits. I can sometimes reset it and other times it is non existent until another day. Sometimes,when I reset it, it quits again and sometimes I can do this multiple times. Sometimes it works for a few days with no problems whatsoever while other times it cuts out multiple times. There is no pattern to when it works and when it doesn't. It can happen anytime. When the cruise control does not work, I cannot turn it on by any of the buttons or wiggling the brake pedal. But the next time I drive my Pilot, it is likely to work, at least momentarily.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
What methods did you use to eliminate the switches and fuse as possible sources of the problem? Did you use an ohmmeter to check continuity across the each switch as you jiggled it?
Did you check the electrical connection to each switch for corrosion, oxidation, loose wiring, etc.?
Did you measure the fuse with an ohmmeter?
Asking all these questions to get a better feel for how in-depth your troubleshooting was.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot 2WD
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: I had a bad rear wheel bearing that caused the wheel sensor to go crazy that caused the cruise to kick off. However, after replacing the rear wheel bearings, I still have an occasional instance of the cruise disengaging. It only happens once or twice a month now.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
Might want to check if that wheel sensor and its connections are undamaged, corroded and in exactly the right place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts