Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been answered I have searched and found lots of map/dome light issues but this one is different.
07 EX

My rear over head light doesn't want to shut off unless I put the dash switch in the off position. I have pressed the light itself a few times but that doesn't seem to turn it off either. None of the doors or tailgate seem to be indicating that they are open so I am doubtful it is a door switch or tailgate switch problem. Does that 3 way rocker switch on the dash ever go bad? Is there a micro switch that can be replaced in that over head light that could be the issue?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
First thing you might want to look at is the little switch where the doors close against the frame. The last time I looked at one of these in a previous vehicle, it was an exposed little metal pin near the hinges in the frame at the front edge of the doors, but I just checked in my 2006 and it's in the frame near the rear edge of the door, covered by a little rubber boot. I've cured this problem in previous vehicles by shooting some aerosol contact cleaner/lubricant, or in a pinch WD-40 did the trick. On the Pilot, you'd have to carefully peel back that little rubber protective boot first.

Otherwise it might need a microswitch swap in the dome light assembly. Doable and not too expensive.

Dome light microswitch broken

Dome light problem

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The door switches seem unlikely as the map/dome lights go off when I close the doors and the display on the dash doesn't indicate and doors are open but I will take a look anyway. It's only the rear lights that are staying lit.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
If it's only the rear lights, have you tried pushing then in and out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts