Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I open the doors, only the rear interior lights come on. I can click the front map lights on but they won’t come on automatically when the door opens. It’s mildly irritating and I am wondering if there’s a semi easy/cheap fix to it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Download the FSM, check the electric diagrams and trace the power and grounds. This is the universal advise for any electric issues.
You played with the button by the driver's left knee, of course?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Download the FSM, check the electric diagrams and trace the power and grounds. This is the universal advise for any electric issues.
You played with the button by the driver's left knee, of course?
Yes they come on if I turn all the lights on, or if its set to only when the doors open, if I click the lights they'll come on but they just don't come on when the doors open. Ill take a look at all of that stuff this weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes they come on if I turn all the lights on, or if its set to only when the doors open, if I click the lights they'll come on but they just don't come on when the doors open. Ill take a look at all of that stuff this weekend.
Jack... i had that problem (I just bought a 2007 Pilot) all light would work when the door opened expect one of the map lilghts... IT WAS THE SWITCH behind the plastic lens... pop the lens off.. unscrew the 2 philips screws and take down the assembly the white switches slide out.. just slide new ones in.. can get them on amazon.. super easy... (youtube videos too)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jack... i had that problem (I just bought a 2007 Pilot) all light would work when the door opened expect one of the map lilghts... IT WAS THE SWITCH behind the plastic lens... pop the lens off.. unscrew the 2 philips screws and take down the assembly the white switches slide out.. just slide new ones in.. can get them on amazon.. super easy... (youtube videos too)
Awesome! I'll order these right away.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts