Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has had good results with a interior dressing? Its hard to get a direct reply on this question it seems. I've been told that the lower priced products like Armorall looks good for a while but dries out the dash and plastic that our interiors are filled with.
I've seen some of the products that detailers use but I dont like them because they are so oily and seem to leave a film. I do not mind spending the extra money on a good quality product.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Vinylex or 303 Aerospace Protectant get the consistently-highest reviews. Neither is greasy, and they have a "satin" finish rather than the ArmorAll shiny slime.

I use Vinylex. Ace Hardware and Longs Drugs carry it locally. So do most of the autoparts stores. Haven't tried 303 personally.

·
Registered
495 Posts
tonyrwc said:
I've been told that the lower priced products like Armorall looks good for a while but dries out the dash and plastic that our interiors are filled with.
I've also read the same thing and considered changing when I bought my Pilot. The fact is that our previous '91 Civic (black interior with LOTS of plastic) and the '93 Cherokee (gray interior) that I drive have only seen Armor All. Both dashes are still looking brand new. I admit that I use the window shade religiously when parked in the sun, but I still think Armor all does its job just fine.

I broke down and used Armor All on my Pilot for the first time a couple of weekends ago, and am very happy I did. The dash and remaining trim I touched look great. Outside, it did well too, but I did splurge on Black Magic for the tires :) .

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'll vouch for 303 Aerospace Protectant. Low-gloss, doesn't attract dust, uv protection built in. A little goes a long way when you use it. Go to their website and order a free sample, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Or purchase it at most boat dealers.

I'll also say that Plexus really shines up the clear plastic over the gauges, as well as the headlight and taillight lenses, as well as my glasses lenses. I like it a lot also, and it takes care of the things that 303 doesn't. Check out the Plexus website for more info. You can usually find it at motorcycle dealers.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you

Thanks a lot for the input, I will look into purchasing the Aerospace 303 protectant, much appreciated !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts