Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of interest rates have you guys been getting March/April/May 2003 from Honda Finance? The reason I am asking is my dealer totally screwed up my finance package and this morning Honda Finance suggested I redo the loan with the dealer. :(

I thought I would go back to the dealer armed w/ figures as to interest rates when I go in. Our interest rate from 4/03 was 4.7 % which might be a little high. Any input would be really helpful. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
my dealer basically said he would beat any I got on my own. This is in Feb and he gave me 4.3 % for 60 months (from honda finance).

I think people have got 3.9 too

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just got 3.74 % from AHFC this month.
This would go up to 60 months.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
peoplefirst.com, mentioned on Edmunds is the same company that Costco uses for their car finance program. 3.9% for new purchases right now through PeopleFirst. The Costco promo drops in a further small percentage.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Something to think about

A lot of this discussion is dependent on each persons individual credit. It may or may not effect the rate you receive from the lending company.

Matt:)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Got 3.49%...but had to tell THEM about it

-Yeah, they tried to bait and switch me too, but I went in fully armed with financing info. After they offered me this ungodly monthly payment amount I told them no, 60 mos at 3.49% should equal this amount, and the guy left the room and came back with "yep you qualify for the interest rate." I assume they're trying to skim some extra bonus from Honda for not offering the advertised rate?
So yes...definitely demand the low interest rate, they won't just offer it to you :3: Too bad, since it IS an advertised rate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Any Word on Memorial Day Sale?

projesse said:
Anyone aware of any rebates/financing deals being available for the Memorial Day Weekend?
The latest Honda report shows 2.9% or 3.4% OAC up to 60 months

·
Registered
6 Posts
greg_mckinley, where are you getting this published information? Where can I look at the Honda Report?

74PilotMom, how did you know about the 3.49%? Where was it advertised?

You guys are a big help, I want to go in fully armed too!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Projesse- I'm running on old info, since I bought my Pilot during the end of the year incentives Dec 27th 2002. There were ads in the local paper, and on-line at my dealership's website. I used one of the payment calculator things and memorized what the payments would be for total amount financed, and also what it would be for different financing periods. 60 mos is a good amount of time to pay off a pilot, while keeping payments reasonable. My financing was for about 26K after down payment taxes & licensing, and my payments ended up being $465/mo. I would have had a heart attack if I hadn't seen those numbers before going to sign. Good Luck! You'll love your Pilot.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Bullpup said:
1.9% 60 Months
Was this rate through Honda or private lender?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Bullpup said:
From Honda. I got that rate over memorial day weekend.
Buying mine this weekend in Sac. Would love to get that rate. Currently have 4.19 guaranteed. How the Sierra Nevada tasting up there? Had quite a few this weekend...

·
Registered
25 Posts
With all the 0% financing going on from other manufacturers, you may be able to get it. Gotta love Sierra Nevada!:D GREAT place for dinner as well. If you ever find your self here, have dinner there and get a beer sampler. Small glass of every beer they make. There are a bunch that are not distributed.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Bullpup said:
With all the 0% financing going on from other manufacturers, you may be able to get it. Gotta love Sierra Nevada!:D GREAT place for dinner as well. If you ever find your self here, have dinner there and get a beer sampler. Small glass of every beer they make. There are a bunch that are not distributed.
Will do! I'm getting a SS EX-L as well...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow...you're making me feel pretty bad here...the best I've been able to do (shopping around town/dealers) is 4.49% for 60 months. And that's with a good credit rating.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Bullpup said:
There are a bunch that are not distributed.
Love the Christmas Ale!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts