Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Finally, finally going to pick-up my Nighthawk Black Pearl EX-L Pilot this Friday(hopefully - you never know with NYC car dealers).

This Board has been absolutely wonderful and addictive.

I know this is rather subjective, but I would love to hear from anyone on how much your premium is for insuring the Pilot. I know that NY rates are relatively high compared to other states, but I have shopped around and gotten a spread of 1,000 to 1,700 per year. Just curious to know how everybody else is doing.

Thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
I believe there has been a previous thread regarding this. It's impossible to accurately compare premiums without knowing others policy rating variables: such as coverage limits, deductibles, driver experience rating, etc.
I'm not sure exactly how NY works, but you may ask your insurance agent (unless you are with a Direct Writer) what rating "symbol" the vehicle carries, and how it compares to similar SUV's. Or call around for quotes. A good agent will review the coverages, and determine what limits are best for you. Be sure to provide the agent with copy of window sticker showing safety equipment- such as airbag protection & passive alarm protection- as this may reduce insurance premium.
Many Insurance carriers may not even have rating info a new 2003 vehicle, and may rate based on sticker price. I would speculate that the Pilot rate is pretty consistent with other vehicles in its class.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Davemac,

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling my question was a shot in the dark, but appreciate the response.

By the way, the Black Pilot is replacing a 99 VW Passat. Now if you tell me your Passat is Colorado Red, that will be some coincidence. Love the Passat, but the significant other wants more space with another baby on the way.

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
I can tell you that the premium is $20 higher a month on then my previous 99 Exploder Sport! Since the Pilot is brand new with no crash ratings, they are charging alittle more. Once the Pilot receives the 5 stars Honda designed it for, the premium should come down.

Sandstone EXL-res
Sidesteps, all weather mats, rear muds

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
The premium I pay increased $30 a year from a 2001 Toyota Highlander. I get a "whole lotta coverage" in Virginia, and the yearly total is less than $650.00

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
My yearly premium with USAA (for the same coverage) increased by $70 when I switched from a 1996 Honda Passport to my 2003 Honda Pilot. Just a data point...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have yet to study the breakdown of my premium.

I would hope that the $ portion of the premium underwritten for first party medical, underinsured and uninsured motorists exposure is relatively low, given what is supposed to be the Pilot's superior occupant safety design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts