Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody out there found that their insurance went up with the pilot? Mine increased by over 300.00 a year. Farmers claims this is due to the cost of repairs to the pilot and Honda cars in general.:3:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Brenda said:
Has anybody out there found that their insurance went up with the pilot? Mine increased by over 300.00 a year. Farmers claims this is due to the cost of repairs to the pilot and Honda cars in general.:3:
Mine went up $240.00 per year more than my '98 Accord EX. State Farm... :(
So much for safety & security discounts. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have noticed that almost all insurance companies have raised their rates anywhere from 22-30% this fall. :mad:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can they do this anytime they want? or when starting a new year on a policy? I haven't noticed this with my insurance company....in fact mine went down as a result of the Pilot's great performance in NHTSA crash tests.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
bgeraldo said:
Can they do this anytime they want? or when starting a new year on a policy? I haven't noticed this with my insurance company....in fact mine went down as a result of the Pilot's great performance in NHTSA crash tests.
So who's YOUR insurance company?
I told State Farm - they didn't care.
I told them I had an engine immoblizer installed - they didn't care.
All the things that were suppose to "lower my rates" did me squat!
:8:

·
Registered
423 Posts
My insurance with Allstate in Texas went up $46 a year over my previous vehicle a 1999 Chev Tahoe 2dr.
I am an agent and in Texas when a new vehicle comes out, the insurance cost is based on the cost since there is no experience data yet for the vehicle.

·
Registered
116 Posts
bgeraldo and my insurance company - Liberty Mutual.

You may be able to get better rates at the AAA agency. You do need to be a member of AAA when you sign up for the insurance.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
4603pba...

so does that mean I can expect it to go down once they figure all the saftey rating stuff, etc?

RIGHT Sage... :1: Keep dreamin'!
:21:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not Bad

I traded a '99 Concorde, and my semi-annual rate went from $330 to $360. I didn't think that was too bad, considering that my old car was worth less than $10K, and the new one cost over $30K. I guess most of the premium is based on liability rather than vehicle value & repair.:17:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sage

It does happen if you are in Texas. If all the safety features have the statistics which warrant it. I have seen it happen.
If they starts to be a large number of vehicle thefts on the Pilot as there have been on Accords, the reverse will happen. Also if the cost of repair is higher than average.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Thanks for the info! :29:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Farmers Insurance Info

I also have Farmers Insurance on my PILOT - and yes - my annual premium also went up with the PILOT.

My agent, who is a stand up guy, says the primary reason for insurance rates on the PILOT being higher than some comparable SUVs has nothing to do with safety, the premium increase was strictly because of car thieves having a preference for HONDAs.

HONDAs are stolen quite a bit, and because of the theft rate of CIVICs and ACCORDS, the insurance company has increased rates across the board on HONDAs.

I do commend HONDA for taking action to try and foil thieves' plans for the PILOT, by marking ALL windows, body parts and major components of the vehicle with VIN numbers, so as to help track down the vehicle if it is stolen and "parted" out. I also like that HONDA gives new owners their $2,500 guarantee. If your HONDA is stolen and not recovered in 30-days, they'll give you that money toward your insurance deductible.

HONDA - YOU'RE DOING THINGS RIGHT!

·
Registered
23 Posts
In Canada my rates went from $1600/year with a '97 CR-V to $2100/year with the Pilot.

Not much you can do to catch a break here. The insurance companies no longer care about Alarms, Ignition Immobilizers, Glass Etching, Safety Ratings, etc. Nothing will bring the rates down, it's like that across the board, at least in Ontario.

They don't even give you a discount for those cell tracking services like Boomerang, where they put a transmitter in your car and know exactly where it is if it gets stolen....

Oh well...that's the price you pay for living in the Great White North, which at the moment is more like the Leafy Green North... It seems like every leaf I had on my trees fell in the last day or two.

Guess I have some raking in my future...after my roadtrip tomorrow to see Tim at Hondacuraworld...

Later...

Anthony

·
Registered
423 Posts
This is the first I have heard about the $2500 reimbursement. Does anyone know if that applies everywhere and on all Pilots? Where is this stated in my owners manuel?
I would say that if this is true, Hoday is pretty safe because most people here carry either $50 or $100 deductible. They wouldn't be out much.
Every state handles there insurance differently. I do know for a fact that in Texas all Hondas arre not accross the board increased just because of high theft rate on Accords. It is model specific.

·
Registered
725 Posts
$2500 Deal

I was told my the Finance guy at Shack-Findlay Honda in Henderson that the $2,500 Insurance Theft thing was something HONDA was doing on all PILOTs.

I have not idea if the guy was handing my "a line" but at least it didn't cost me anything!!!!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Check your insurance breakdown

Liability and Collision are so much more than "Comprehensive" that I can not believe any savings on theft would be significant.

·
Registered
116 Posts
HONDAs are stolen quite a bit, and because of the theft rate of CIVICs and ACCORDS, the insurance company has increased rates across the board on HONDAs.
If that is true, why is one Honda more expensive than the other. I was evaluating a Honda Odyssey EXL with a Pilot EX. Both cost nearly the same with similar safety ratings. The quote for Odyssey - 733 p.a. v/s 1300 p.a. for Pilot.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Comparison Test

The rates from one HONDA to another isn't a fair comparison.

You need to compare a PILOT to an Explorer to a Trailblazer etc.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Previous vehicle was 96 Sebring convertable from this our
insurance increase quotes as follows:

Trailblazer would have been $60 up
Pilot up $120 DOUBLE! we paid it happily

1 - 20 of 23 Posts