Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.... this is my first post here. I was in a Honda dealership yesterday, and fell in LOVE with the Pilot. Before I get a ahead of myself, I was wondering what you guys pay for insurance. I called my insurance company, and they gave me a rate that was REALLY low, so I'd like to see some numbers for comparision.

Thx in advance! :)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
What you pay for insurance has more to do with the coverage limits, the place you live, and your driving record, then the specific vehicle.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The insurance on our Pilot is $86 per year more than the EX V-6 Accord we just sold with high limits and low deductibles.

Although I agree with N_Jay's comments above, this gives you a reference to a known quantity (Accord).

·
Registered
509 Posts
Twinkie said:
The insurance on our Pilot is $86 per year more than the EX V-6 Accord we just sold with high limits and low deductibles.

Although I agree with N_Jay's comments above, this gives you a reference to a known quantity (Accord).
Just as a point of reference, I am 31, and my wife is 25 - both with good driving records. We also have rental insurance, and personal article policies through the same agent. We have maximum coverage on both vehicles.

State Farm Insurance:
1998 Honda Accord EX V-6 - $50.33/month
2003 Honda Pilot EX-L RES - $67.60/month

·
Registered
664 Posts
Me 30
Wife 29

'99 Accord EX 4cyl
'03 Pilot Ex

$1179/ yr

Erie Insurance (same area as Soap Plant)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Gosh I wish I lived further south. I'm paying about $150/month, but I live in the Boston area. Insurance is expensive here.:(

·
Registered
85 Posts
I pay around $600/ 6 months for the Pilot with full coverage, towing, glass, $500 deduct, $500,000 liability / collision.

Atlanta is expensive for insurance - my rates went up when I moved here from Northern Virginia!

The 2001 Volvo V70 I just bought for my better half is only about $325 / 6 months

·
Registered
23 Posts
Insurance Cost

We finally received our Pilot on Sept. 4 after basically ordering it on June 8. I added it to my original Erie policy. It was $991, full coverage, unstacked, $250 deduct. But, I just recently changed it to Allstate (same company as Homeowners). They beat the price, with even better coverage (stacked under-insured) for $689, plus we got a rebate on the Homeowners as well.

Hershey/Harrisburg Pa area.:2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was quoted a rate of $425/6 months on a 2003 Pilot. That is from AIG.

·
Registered
180 Posts
WannaPilot, I'm paying $1350 a year. But I retained the non threshold option which drove the price up $250.00.

What price were you quoted and by whom? I used to live in Old Bridge, now I'm in Manalapan. The rates should be similar.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The rate on our Pilot was $100 less per year than on the '97 minivan we traded in. Total is about $1050 per year, with a @250 deductable on collision and $100 on Comp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts