Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went and took the Pilot in to have the options put on and the service rep looked at the order and said that she would not have time to install all the option today. She looked at the list and rolled her eyes. She said that the tow hitch with coolers alone takes up to 5 hr. They have also never installed backup sensors.

I called her up to see if they needed the codes for the radio and Nav and they she said that they only have half of the parts in.

I was not to surprised by either comment. I knew I should have called the parts department yesterday to see if it all came in because the list was long:

Fog lights
Backup sensors
Tow Package with Coolers
Rear splash guards
Auto day/night mirror
Cargo cover
Cargo tray
CD Changer

All were part of the purhase price of the Pilot installed.

I called up the sales person and explained what happened. I said he owes me now, so let's see what happens.

Chris

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the Pilot basically off the truck, so it was not ordered. My wife and I went through the accessories list when we first started looking and negotiated the price as a total package. So I figured they would have to order the parts. I really wanted to stay with a local dealer. I have had 2 friends that purchased new cars in the past that did not get good service from their dealer (BMWs)

So they would not go below 1300- above MSRP, which they originally wanted 4000- (I guess I am one of the Bay Area Bone Heads that paid more) but they would toss in accessories. After reviewing the price for everything it turned out to be right around MSRP. If I was not interested in the accessories I might have walked if I could not get close to MSRP. In all the confusion they also installed Star Guard and wheel locks during prep that I did not pay for or even care about getting.

I guess I could have left the car there, but I was impatient and picked it up the next after the prep work was done.

I am sure that is more information then you wanted to know, but that's my story...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks...

Thanks for the story, it is quite interesting, but a bit confusing too.

Anyway enjoy all your options and the car.

The backup senor is my best choice, without it my wife, 5' body, cannot drive it out the parking (shopping) lot.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, it is a bit confusing basically I did not want to leave the car there for the time it took to get the parts in and install them.

I just got a call and I will only have a partial install so far:

CD Changer
Fog Lights
Cargo Cover ( I could have put that in )
Cargo Tray (same with this one )

The rest of the items are on back order so they tell me. That was one of the primary options for my wife since she is not used to driving a high wide car.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Do the fogs and the coolers at the same time so they only have one chance to screw up the front bumper!
They should also cut you a discount for doing both at the same time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I am not paying any install fees, they were included in the price of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts