Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing stock speakers with a component system. If I understand correctly the tweeters run in parallel with the front woofers. Where do you tap into the existing tweeter wires to connect the new tweeters that will be mounted on the door

thanks

Pat

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, unless you are ok with having OEM tweeters playing along with your new ones.
OK. Are they disconnected at the tweeter in the dash or can you disconnect at woofer since they are in parallel? If it's at the dash do you know how to access them?

·
Registered
699 Posts
You disconnect at the tweeter. The wires feeding woofer and tweeter split up and go separate ways somewhere deep in the harness inside the dash - you don't want to go looking for it. Those little grilles in dash corners are very easy to pry out with a thin, small screwdriver. Tweeter is attached to the grille, and wire has enough slack to pull it out a few inches. Then you just disconnect the connector from the tweeter. I suggest fixing the connector to something with a zip tie so it doesn't rattle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You disconnect at the tweeter. The wires feeding woofer and tweeter split up and go separate ways somewhere deep in the harness inside the dash - you don't want to go looking for it. Those little grilles in dash corners are very easy to pry out with a thin, small screwdriver. Tweeter is attached to the grille, and wire has enough slack to pull it out a few inches. Then you just disconnect the connector from the tweeter. I suggest fixing the connector to something with a zip tie so it doesn't rattle.
thanks...got it done. Now can you tell me what wire colors are +/-? left side is blue and red wires but they are not marked in any way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts