Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all excited today because I was able to take my wife's car and drove it to work. I have been window tinting for over 15 years now and have looked into several companies which make paint protection kits commonly known as clear bra. I opted to become a dealer for Invinca-Shield. Anyway, I was about to install my kit today when I opened the semi crushed box that was sent through UPS and found out that my kit was damaged during shipping. I tried to see which pieces were salvagable but only had about 5 pieces out of a 20+ piece kit.
I decided to install a few of the smaller strips that were not damaged and it came out alot better than I expected. I think I am getting the hang of it but will know for sure when I do the big pieces with the curves. I will keep you guys informed when I finish installing the kit and if anyone is interested, I might consider doing it at my Fremont store. It is called Auto Mall Tint Factory (510)659-8468. Price will be determined after I install the kit on my wife's Pilot. If anyone needs to view the kit, you can see it at www.invinca-shield.com

·
Registered
78 Posts
photos...

So are there going to be pictures of you installing a clear bra on your wife? :12:

Oh, on her Pilot. Sorry... :1pat:

·
Registered
423 Posts
The only problem I see with the clear protection is that keeping it clean at the seams will be a chore. I think what you have is very much like the small clear protection at the lower edge of the rear doors. When I wax or wash, it is very hard to get the residue out where it doesn't show.
Any solutions?

3 more posts for my next star!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could take some pictures but it probably won't show up. As for wax build up around the edges, I guess you can use a toothbrush or something like that.

·
Registered
415 Posts
How much are we talking about here? Installed price, that is. Just in case my road trip takes me around your way, Litespeed.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Yea, keep practicing, Litespeed ;)

Cleaning the wax outta the seam is best accomplished with a cotton swab or Q-tip.

(there, done with my newfound internet knowledge of the day)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK. Finally finished installing the complete kit from Invinca Shield. If you asked me to rate the kit, I would give it an 8 out of 10. The fitment is pretty good but there are a few areas that didn't cover as much as I liked it to. Some of the pieces were very hard to install. This is the 2nd kit that I installed and I think I am going to keep practicing. I will be at SEMA this year to check out all the new Paint Protection Products from all the new sources to see which ones are the best. Anyway, here are a couple of shots of my car with the flash so you can see the edges of the clear bra. The shiny speckles are from the reflection off the metallic paint.

The entire front end is protected and is very difficult to see the kit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just had a clear bra installed on my Pilot for $300 at my home. The installer said that the 3M product as distributed by Ex-Pel was the best he had found as it is thicker than most and the kits seem to fit better and upon experimenting with other kits, he found that they would be delivered with torn edges or crooked cuts and were just a mess to install. He has been doing clear bras for almost two years now. He gave me a three year warranty on the labor and material. He is located in Downey, California.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$300 including mobile service is really cheap. Is it the COMPLETE kit that covers the whole bumper, grill , hood and fenders or is it the STANDARD kit that covers just the hood and 2 fenders?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hood, fenders, grille, bumper, mirrors. There is a seam that you can see if you really look hard and I was told that when you wax, stay away from the seam.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is the clear bra considered an accessory?:D

·
Registered
449 Posts
lakotalisa said:
Is the clear bra considered an accessory?:D
Well LakotaLisa, I'm sure anytime that you want to wear a clear bra around here is fine with us.:4:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Can you post the installation instructions on how to apply the clear mask? What I am trying to find out is what the spray solution is. Is it just water or water mixed with alcohol? Thanks,

·
Registered
449 Posts
wwong said:
Can you post the installation instructions on how to apply the clear mask? Thanks,
Well, I like to start out with a nice bottle of wine and...oh wait, you're talking about the clear bra for the Pilot ....nevermind.:1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts