Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Install of Audison speakers and tweeters to my 2021 Black Edition

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  sequoiasoon 
#1 · (Edited)
I had 4 Audison speakers and tweeters added to my Black edition and this thing rocks now. A big shout out to RJ at Visions electronics in Mississauga Ontario. He is a pro in what he does.
The clarity and bass from these Audison’s are amazing. Worth every dollar 😊
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Car
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille Automotive design
Product Audio equipment Loudspeaker Electronic instrument Circle

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
They are Italian made and amazing speakers. What I have learned is that majority of speakers sold here in N. America ie Hertz, kicker etc do not make 2 ohm speakers but the 4 ohm. 2 ohms take less power to drive them. These Audison speakers are very well made. I am getting amazing volume and clarity now (as you can hear from my audio clip) running everything else stock in my Bad Boy.

#4 ·
Does this tweeter comes with network? If not..

Just watched out for overheat, don't crank too much and long period of time..

Or just add a network on it for protection..

Hope gta piloteers will have a show and meet next year, I think it happened before in yorkdale mall. Nice upgrade. Remember back in the days working in a mobile home a customer will say that they are forgetting what they are driving because of the sound system they have in their car.
Enjoy the ride with good music in a slow traffic.

#6 ·
Does this tweeter comes with network? If not..

Just watched out for overheat, don't crank too much and long period of time..

Or just add a network on it for protection..

Hope gta piloteers will have a show and meet next year, I think it happened before in yorkdale mall. Nice upgrade. Remember back in the days working in a mobile home a customer will say that they are forgetting what they are driving because of the sound system they have in their car.
Enjoy the ride with good music in a slow traffic.
Hello, yes the tweeters have a built in crossover and they should be fine. This bad boy sounds so, so much better now. Hope there is a get together in 2023. That will be nice

#7 ·
Hello, what I have learned is that I need 2 ohms speakers for this pilot. I think because it has the upgraded system this is why along with the fact that everything is run from the head unit. 4 ohms would need an aftermarket amp. I did not need one with my setup at all as the 2 ohms are high efficiency speakers. Of course that depends on the brand.

#11 ·
I’m wondering if Honda changed the type of speakers in 2021. My guy bench tested the rear door speakers and discovered they were 2 ohms. This is why we went that route. It’s possible your year may have used the 4 ohm setup and no need to use an aftermarket amp as a swap with 4 ohm speakers would work. Honda never lets people know these things and the parts department is clueless to this type of detail. Enjoy the good sounds as I am now.

#15 ·
My wife's old Sequoia had 2 ohm woofer, 3 ohm mid and 4 ohm tweeters. All different outputs from the factory amp. Many people upgrading speakers complained how horrible and lack of power/bass. Others just went and replaced the entire system.

The 7" factory woofers in the doors would dry out on the surrounds and start buzz/rattle. Simply Speakers in Florida makes new surround foam kits for many things. They were the popular choice for all the Sequoia and Tundra owners to repair them.

@C&EPilot - looks like a nice mounting on the tweeters. I could not get the sound clip to open. I recall reading about a lot of Audison stuff on some of the audio enthusiast forums. Nice stuff. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.