Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2019 Pilot Elite
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,
For the past month, whenever we get into our 2019 Pilot, the inside of all the windows are full of frost that doesn't go away, even after driving for extended periods. We crank up the heat to uncomfortable levels. I have noticed that the door gaskets on the back door are not staying where they need to stay and the car is very drafty and noisy when going down the highway. Anyone else running into this issue? I don't have any frost on the inside of my Ram, so I know it isn't a climate thing.

Many thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
You must be getting excessive moisture from somewhere. Have you checked under the carpets/floormats for any signs of leakage. Some have reported leaks from under the dash and also blocked sunroof drains and water accumulation in the tailgate

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Something is wet inside. Check the sunroof. Check for wet carpeting. Inspect the rear hatch for leaking weather strip near the top where the washer fluid tubing connects. A known leak point if tubing is to long and lays in the weather strip when it closes.
Use inside air on the AC setting with compressor on. This will draw the moisture out.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,328 Posts
In usage we contribute significantly to the moisture in the air. In years past. I've experienced ice in side lesser cars during usage. But you have moisture or ice inside when you get in?
I'd be cranking up the heat to max plus defog and cracking a rear window to vent the car...... just a tad.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,185 Posts
Back in the day, frosted window inside the car only meant one thing. Now that I'm older, I go in the house for that.

I agree with others remarks above though.

Also, When you crank the heat, it takes longer to de fog- the warm moist air sticks to the inside of the windows.
That's why the defroster actually uses the A/C compressor to cut the moisture off the glass, not put it on.

* In the meantime- they make products like Rain X for the inside to keep the moisture from sticking to the glass as much.
HTH

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,872 Posts
Take the car to a shop, have them put it up on the rack and clean out the HVAC drain line. In the winter the AC still works especially when the defroster is running and you can get moisture in the catch pan. If the drain is clogged then you are keeping that moisture in the vehicle.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Take the car to a shop, have them put it up on the rack and clean out the HVAC drain line. In the winter the AC still works especially when the defroster is running and you can get moisture in the catch pan. If the drain is clogged then you are keeping that moisture in the vehicle.
Or you can DIY it. Not hard to find on the passenger side.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,328 Posts
Oh Snap.....

I just remembered a case where turning on the defrost/heat caused condensation on the inside of the glass. In that case it was caused by a failed heater core.....

I sure hope thats not the case. Nobody takes a dash apart for fun

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
Back in the day, frosted window inside the car only meant one thing. Now that I'm older, I go in the house for that.
Me, too, but I also see fogging up on the driver's side of the windshield and side window when I get all steamed up yelling inside with the windows closed at some
Uber driver only half pulling over and stopping so still blocking the one lane street.

OP, could also be caused by A/C not on or not working, doing its job removing moisture. Check if just your A/C works, if only to rule out that possibility.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
It is when the power is out, the concrete has a surface temp of triple minus holy molly and your long johns with an R value of 80 are at the cleaners.
Some folks have a garage. Ice free, with no power outages.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,184 Posts
I wish I had a 3rd car garage ... definitely on the next house.
Me too. And one of the door must be a double wide. I hate my existing two car garage with two separate single doors since I can’t put a vehicle in the middle of the garage to work on it.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,872 Posts
Me too. And one of the door must be a double wide. I hate my existing two car garage with two separate single doors since I can’t put a vehicle in the middle of the garage to work on it.
Yes it is nice, and the 3rd space makes a great work space.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,185 Posts
Deleted, wrong thread. I came back to see what Silver 7 wrote.

Reactions: road2cycle

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,184 Posts
Deleted, wrong thread. I came back to see what Silver 7 wrote.
Hey, that’s messed up. I liked your original comment better.🤣

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts