Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Pilotters, I'm a newbie to this site.
We just purchased a 2020 Pilot EX-L and after a few weeks noticed crackling popping noise from the speakers, then the infotainment goes silent and there's no sound from any source. We get message "No audio connection from..." no matter if you do FM, AM, XM or bluetooth.
It's super annoying and scary. My wife first noticed it while driving and the popping sound scared her to death. She thought she hit something on the freeway. She first noticed the sound cutting off then the popping and crackling. We have an appointment at the dealer next week. Is there anything I should mention since it's an intermittent problem? I've heard some dealers won't do anything unless they experience the issue, but others say it's a known issue and dealers are aware.
Hood Grille Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering part

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just dropped off the car at the dealer. I was told, after describing the issue, that there could be different issues, one being the IOS version in my wife's iPhone and the Android version on my Samsung. That might be causing the audio cutting off when using Bluetooth and Android or Apple Car Play. Advisor said if that is the problem, there's nothing they can do since it's an Android/Apple software issue and until these companies release an update they won't be able to fix that. So I I asked: What about when phones are not connected and I'm only listening to the radio? Advisor said there should not be an issue there since the phones are the culprit. I told him the issue also happens when radio is playing. He said they would have to check why that's happening and said they would perform a hard reset to rule that out.
Regarding the popping and crackling he said that's a totally different issue and Honda is aware and has issued bulletins about it. They would have to run some diagnostics to pinpoint the issue. They offered a loaner if they have to keep the car overnight. Expecting a call back any minute now

·
Registered
2022 Honda Pilot SE
2 Posts
I have a 2022 pilot and I am having very similar issues. I have taken it into the dealership multiple times. I was also told that it was due to my phone and that I needed to get an authentic Apple charger in order to use Apple play. However it happens even when I am not connected through Apple CarPlay or through Bluetooth. I was just notified that they are planning to replace the amplifier. It’s frustrating that this is a known issue based off of this forum but they make me feel like my car is the only one this has ever happened to when I take it in. I would love to hear from others that have had this issue as to what made it better.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2022 pilot and I am having very similar issues. I have taken it into the dealership multiple times. I was also told that it was due to my phone and that I needed to get an authentic Apple charger in order to use Apple play. However it happens even when I am not connected through Apple CarPlay or through Bluetooth. I was just notified that they are planning to replace the amplifier. It’s frustrating that this is a known issue based off of this forum but they make me feel like my car is the only one this has ever happened to when I take it in. I would love to hear from others that have had this issue as to what made it better.
Got the Pilot back the same day I dropped it off. It took a whole day. They did a reset and replaced some cables and MOST connectors (not sure why they call them that). Haven't had time to drive it much but so far so good. Will update when I've had more time behind the wheel. According to Honda, replacing the connectors and cables would get rid of the popping and crackling.
Regarding the loss of audio when using Apple Carplay or Android Auto, they told me that is a separate issue and Honda does not have a fix. They can only reset the system, but it won't get fixed until there is a software update from the phone manufacturers to address the problem. They recommended using a genuine cable for the phone and if the problem come back to bring back the car to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts