Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought car to dealer three weeks ago on peeling white paint and was offered 60% coverage from regional warranty. I felt like this was horrible customer service and contacted Honda North America Chat now it seems as of 2 weeks ago paint will be covered completely per SB-055 supposed be sending mailed notice to customers.
Below is excerpt from Honda North America Chat ....

Martina (6/17/2019, 11:16:32 AM): 2013-14 Odyssey & 2013-15 Pilot Taffeta White Paint Warr Ext 19-055
Martina (6/17/2019, 11:16:52 AM): BACKGROUND
There are two bulletins for warranty extensions on Taffeta White:
• SB 19-055, Warranty Extension: Taffeta White Paint. Vehicles covered under 19-055 bulletin will have the warranty
on their paint extended to 7 years from the original date of purchase with no mileage limit.
• SB 19-056, Warranty Extension: Taffeta White Paint (6 Months), which covers some 2011-12 Odyssey vehicles.
19-056 provides a grace period for vehicles where the warranty expired before American Honda was able to notify
some customers of the warranty extension and will expire on February 1, 2020 because the vehicles will no longer
be eligible for repair under this warranty extension.
Me (6/17/2019, 11:17:39 AM): what does this mean
Martina (6/17/2019, 11:18:15 AM): Your vehicle is within the warranty extension. This execution was made available on beginning of June 2019. You should be receiving this information in the mail.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Thank you for sharing. Mods, we should merge the white peeling paint threads to one with this info and sticky it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does your paint look shiny and great but peels, or does it look chalky and terrible, like mine. They are fixing the peeling, but aren't dealing with the fact that the paint seems to be single stage, and doesn't hold up to the sun like the base coat clear coat paint. My white 2014 pilot looks like crap next to my white 2007 BMW. Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does your paint look shiny and great but peels, or does it look chalky and terrible, like mine. They are fixing the peeling, but aren't dealing with the fact that the paint seems to be single stage, and doesn't hold up to the sun like the base coat clear coat paint. My white 2014 pilot looks like crap next to my white 2007 BMW. Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Almost every white Pilot I've come across on the road has peeling paint on the roof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought paint coverage only covered roof and tailgate. They fixed those areas but wouldn’t fix sides of doors because that area wasn’t covered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would not purchase any Honda in Taffeta White (also navy blue from around the mid 2000's). They have a major paint adhesion problem, not sure why this color sees the problem more often, but you will notice Odysseys, Pilots, Civics, CRVs all with the same peeling \ adhesion problem. Usually above the "shoulder", around windows, hood and roof. Glad Honda is admitting to this finally with the TSB for your pilot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts