Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Honda dealer rented a car for me to drive while they worked on my wife's Accord. It turned out to be the Infiniti fx35 suv (only vehicle they had available at the time). Anyway, my wife wouldn't drive it, so I did. Now the Infiniti did have all the bells and whistles inside, but I will take my Pilot any day of the week over that vehicle. It rode rough, handled poorly (imo), and the road noise was three times louder than my Pilot.
This just served to make me even gladder that I have the Pilot!!:)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Larry1 said:
My Honda dealer rented a car for me to drive while they worked on my wife's Accord. It turned out to be the Infiniti fx35 suv (only vehicle they had available at the time). Anyway, my wife wouldn't drive it, so I did. Now the Infiniti did have all the bells and whistles inside, but I will take my Pilot any day of the week over that vehicle. It rode rough, handled poorly (imo), and the road noise was three times louder than my Pilot.
This just served to make me even gladder that I have the Pilot!!:)
and it looks like $h*t IMO.......I am surprised though that a luxary car has more road noise.....:1:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: Re: Infiniti fx35 suv......

ramirami said:
and it looks like $h*t IMO.......I am surprised though that a luxary car has more road noise.....:1:
Agreed, no 3rd row, overpriced and ugly...:confused:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
The looks of the Infiniti remind me of this guy:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Infiniti is putting a softer suspension in the 2004 FX 35 and FX 45. You're not the only one who found the suspension too harsh.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:
Twins separated at birth??? :confused:

Nissan Murano on the LEFT and Infiniti FX45 on the RIGHT:
IMO the twin to the right is uglier:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Taking pot shots at the FX huh :3: I have owned one for 7 months and love it to death. The pilot isn't even close. It also handles better thn most sports cars. They really aren't even in the same league. Maybe I will just pay the extra and get the Armada if this is what pilot owners are like. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
clpurnell said:
Taking pot shots at the FX huh :3: I have owned one for 7 months and love it to death. The pilot isn't even close. It also handles better thn most sports cars. They really aren't even in the same league. Maybe I will just pay the extra and get the Armada if this is what pilot owners are like. :rolleyes:
Well, this is the Pilot board. You could join the Pilot bashers on the Murano board. I couldn't find an FX board in my quick googling.:(

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
ramirami said:
IMO the twin to the right is uglier:rolleyes:
robrecht said:
I think the Murano looks great but I really love the Infiniti, but then I also like Yogi Bear, so go figure.
clpurnell said:
There's an old medieval Latin philosophical axiom:
De gustibus et coloribus et stylingibus non disputandum est.

Litterally, it means that you cannot dispute about matters pertaining to taste, color, or SUV styling. These are a matter of personal preference and not reason and therefore cannot be disputed.

The English derivitive has come to be used as a slight against the inexplicably bad taste of someone else:
"There's no accounting for taste!"

clpurnell, why not just pay the extra money to me since I'm a Pilot owner and I also love the FX. If I wanted a really big sports car, and if I had the money, I would consider the FX and the Cayenne.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, Clpurnell....

I didn't start this thread to bash the FX. AND, I didn't see any real bashing in the thread. All I did was point out my opinion as I have now drove both the FX and the Pilot. I didn't care for the FX at all. If you love yours, great! I really am glad for you. I just did not like the FX at all. There was nothing in it that I preferred over my Pilot, from looks, to handling, to noise, etc.
If you let other peoples opinions get you that seemingly upset, then you will have a LOOOONNNNNGGGG hard life, because it will be rare that every one's opinion will agree with yours. JMO!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Umm no it doesn't bother me at all. I just find it funny that people who think the pilot is so good looking find the fx bad looking. But they are built usually for two completely different sets of people. So it is common that people won't like both.

Well It seems like I will be able to give you a comparison of the two anyway as I will pick up my wife's pilot this evening. It is an EXL-RES NBP with saddle interior. I really did not want two black cars (my FX is black also) But they did not have a Midnight blue with RES in the state and I really don't feel like waiting a month or two. Plus I need to ditch my POS Chrysler 300M before it self destructs.

I love my FX and think I will like the pilot alot but to me they serve two distinct purposes. The pilot is all about utility and function and the FX is all about style and perfomance. I mean my FX has better stopping power and holds the road better than a BMW 540i It also has a mean exhaust 20" wheels standard and more techno toys than you can shake a stick at.

The Pilot can seat 8. Tows a larger boat. Has greater ground clearance, AWD, smoother ride and larger storage areas.

So to me I have an all weather utility vehicle and a fun attractive performance vehicle with some utility too.

To each his own I guess but I have learned a lot from this board and as you can see I have been lurking here for over a year.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
clpurnell said:
Umm no it doesn't bother me at all. I just find it funny that people who think the pilot is so good looking find the fx bad looking.
I don't think it's funny at all. They're pretty much on opposite ends of the style spectrum, so it makes sense to me that people who like one will dislike the other.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well here are pics of both. We like the pilot a lot. But the FX is a love story :)

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
clpurnell said:
Well here are pics of both. We like the pilot a lot. But the FX is a love story :)
Very nice. And two black vehicles in Houston, wow. At least you don't have to worry about running the A/C once a week to keep the seals lubed.:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah didn't really want to get the Pilot in black. Wanted midnight Blue but they were none in the state and didn't want to wait. Almost went with SBP but the black just looks so nice clean. Since I have to wash the FX every week anyway might as Well do the pilot too. Yeah the A/C gets quite a work out. Don't know if I'll ever use the heated seats down here though :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts