Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First of all. I love my Pilot. Having said that, I wish the manual is a little more detailed. I do a lot of seating and reading inside my car thus I turn on the individual map lights in the front a lot. I'm looking into replacing the stock bulbs with LED ones because they consume less power and run cooler (won't turn the clear plastic yellow). However, I couldn't find it anywhere. The manual says it uses type 204 12V 6.2W, but I can't find the spec anywhere. See if you can help.

Simon

P.S. I've replaced most of the other bulbs with LEDs. Let me know if you want those spec.

·
Registered
664 Posts
That's quite interesting. I can't help you with the items you are looking for but a comparison of the sotck vs. LED light would be interesting. Did you happen to snap any pictures for comparison? Is there any loss of light with the LED's?

·
Registered
494 Posts
buckiscool,

I'm not sure this would help, but Pep Boys and Checker Auto has a section for fixing up foreign cars. Mostly aftermarket Honda stuff. I've seen some LED replacement lights there, but I didn't check out what sizes and voltages they were.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
buckiscool said:
Hi,

First of all. I love my Pilot. Having said that, I wish the manual is a little more detailed. I do a lot of seating and reading inside my car thus I turn on the individual map lights in the front a lot. I'm looking into replacing the stock bulbs with LED ones because they consume less power and run cooler (won't turn the clear plastic yellow). However, I couldn't find it anywhere. The manual says it uses type 204 12V 6.2W, but I can't find the spec anywhere. See if you can help.

Simon

P.S. I've replaced most of the other bulbs with LEDs. Let me know if you want those spec.
I would be interested in knowing where to get LED replacements. I went to PepBoys today and they dont carry LED replacements yet. I see several places on the internet, but would you mind sharing what you bought for the overheads and doors and where? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have my LED installed for 7 months and now one of them is blinking:(

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
hey Simon, same as my name. :)

It's dome light 31mm. U can replace it with 6 or 4 LED dome 31mm superwhite. I did mine with super white but not LED. Still looks very good. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I could not find the right size at superbrightleds.com. I did find 4 led superwhites at autolumination.com, but they are 4.99 each. Do the front map lights and the middle/reading lights and the rear over the hatch all take the same size? I also want to add leds to the courtesy lights. I am assuming that they the maps/domes all take the 31mm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
As said above, these look cool. However, they aren't for reading.

Here's what I found works for the 2005 EXL.

1st row map lights: 3022 4 LED is the right size (but not bright enough), 4011 9 LED fits fine.
2/3 row map lights: 4011 9 LED is the right size

I'll update this post as I look thru the rest of the locations.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Look here to save time. This thread by the infamous CMasten is pretty much the defing thread on LED lights. Discusses the difference in the 02 04 05. Later picks up the 06s.

I put them in and love using them to read by instead of the OEM lights. Less blinding. Son can easily read in back with the 9 LED units.

Edit: Helps when I post the link. Here it is http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11544&highlight=courtesy+lights

2005exlPilot said:
As said above, these look cool. However, they aren't for reading.

Here's what I found works for the 2005 EXL.

1st row map lights: 3022 4 LED is the right size (but not bright enough), 4011 9 LED fits fine.
2/3 row map lights: 4011 9 LED is the right size

I'll update this post as I look thru the rest of the locations.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I also put in the 4410-W9 leds into my map lights and can read with no problem. To me they seem to give off more light than stock bulbs.

The 3022 4-led bulbs fit fine for the hatch and glove box. If you have an '06, the lights for the 2nd and 3rd row lights have changed from earlier models. These rows are now 168 type bulbs. The tag light and door panel lights also use the 168 bulbs. I bought the 5-led replacement for all of these. The 5-led seems to be the brightest 168 bulb replacement.

I also bought from superbrightleds.com.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
dj5 said:
I also put in the 4410-W9 leds into my map lights and can read with no problem. To me they seem to give off more light than stock bulbs.

The 3022 4-led bulbs fit fine for the hatch and glove box. If you have an '06, the lights for the 2nd and 3rd row lights have changed from earlier models. These rows are now 168 type bulbs. The tag light and door panel lights also use the 168 bulbs. I bought the 5-led replacement for all of these. The 5-led seems to be the brightest 168 bulb replacement.

I also bought from superbrightleds.com.
Where can I buy them beside superbrightleds.com?.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
tangotango99 said:
Where can I buy them beside superbrightleds.com?.
that's the only place I've seen with such a large assortment of sizes/styles........:4:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts