Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this for real? I was looking up vids on gapping and changing spark plugs as I'm getting ready to install Rutheniums in the Pilot if I ever see it again.

I don't know whether to laugh or slap myself for getting his far in life not knowing anything about this.

Spark plug indexing - Bing video

·
Registered
499 Posts
If your building a racing engine, you look for any little minute HP advantage. For your Pilot, not going to make any noticeable difference.

Reactions: briantii

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your building a racing engine, you look for any little minute HP advantage. For your Pilot, not going to make any noticeable difference.
Yeah, that makes sense, especially if you haven't disabled VCM on your racing engine.:oops:

Damn, we would have won that race with them cool indexed spark plug if half the cylinders hadn't dropped out on the back stretch... at least we didn't run out of gas.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Guess I'm missing the boat. The spark plug maker should label the plugs for us 1 through 6.

Reactions: Depleted Islet

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Is this for real? I was looking up vids on gapping and changing spark plugs as I'm getting ready to install Rutheniums in the Pilot if I ever see it again.

I don't know whether to laugh or slap myself for getting his far in life not knowing anything about this.

Spark plug indexing - Bing video
To get the full benefit, you also need to be running this motor oil:

·
Registered
292 Posts
The engines that I have worked on that require indexing were some outboard boat engines and high performance engines. Not hard but I find it tedious.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
334 Posts
Done it for the racing engines, like has already been mentioned. I don't think you'll see much benefit, but I don't have data to back it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts