Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is basically a "rant" against those people were are not considerate of other people's property (namely cars)

I just found out this morning (1/13/03) that someone when they were either pulling out or pulling into a parking space next to my PILOT, they hit part of it.

Now don't get me wrong, the damage was minor, because everything that was hit is plastic, so the extent of damage is mainly to the paint. A little touch up and cleaner to remove the scratches in the clearcoat should fix everything.

But my point is to the bigger issue. Why the hell are people so carless and inconsiderate of other people's things?

It would have been nice if there person who clipped my PILOT would have left a note apologizing for what they did. Sure, I'd have been p-o'd but I would have at least respected the person for "fessing" up to what they did.

Geez, this just chaps my backside!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
991 Posts
I hear you. People are the same everywhere, I was lucky once, someone hit my 95 civic si, and I got a note on my car with there phone number and offer to fix it. This was lucky, but normally, it is usually a hit and run.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's sad to say, but that seems to be the way of the world these days. Nobody seems to care about anybody but themselves!

Now, before anyone responds, let me make it clear that this is a general statement and that (hopefully) the majority of people out there are decent human beings. It just seems like the self-centered ones are growing in number daily!!!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I can certainly empathize and commiserate with you on this. I had a similar thing happen to me and posted about a while ago. Even if it's a small scratch/dent/ding, some people seem either absolutely oblivious to common courtesy or to lack even the basic intelligence when it comes to driving/parking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That sucks.. but what sucks even more is the fact that this type of "hit and run" happens at my work in the parking lot.. it became such a problem that the company had to even make an announcement about it.. my car was hit a while back while a co-worker tried to pull into the space next to me.. I had a window office (those were the days) back then and I heard my alarm go off.. the best part is, she hit it pulling in, noticed that she hit my car, then pulled back out of the space, running her bumper back along my door in the process.. so I guess I got hit twice..

My friend's Pilot was hit twice in the first week of ownership.. one was a low speed rear end (no noticable damge) on the freeway and the other was a hit and run that nearly removed his mud flap on the driver side..

·
Registered
226 Posts
got a nice ping on my passenger door just a couple hundred miles of owning....

there are shmucks all over this planet....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree that there are far too many hit, bump, scratch and runs that happen. IMHO I think one cause of many of the accidents is that people (male or female) do not know the limits, length, width, handling ablility of their suv, car, van, pickup. Parking lots require great control in small spaces and many just don't seem to have it. It appears that they think they might fit, so they go until they hit, then leave. :3:

Another pet peeve are the home building supply stores that have parking spaces big enough for only compacts. Most that go to those stores drive something big enough to take away building material. I pointed out to one store manager that the parking spaces required a full sized truck's tires to sit on the lines. Asked why. He had no idea they were thay size or why. :confused:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
nologic said:
Another pet peeve are the home building supply stores that have parking spaces big enough for only compacts.
I'll add my own peeve to that - people who will park their big honkin' minivan or monster SUV in a spot clearly marked "compact cars only." :rolleyes:

Aric, did your co-worker at least confess to hitting your car? I swung too wide and hit a co-workers car once... I couldn't have lived with myself if I hadn't let her know.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tracy,

Yeah, at the time.. I was working with her on a daily basis.. so first thing she did after getting into the office was tell me about it.. at which time I told her I saw it from my office window.. but there have been many hit-and-run's in the parking lot..

If some people could screw over co-workers like that I'm sure those people would also be quick to "run" after a "hit" in a public situation..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tracy,

I hope I didn't confuse you, but none of the spaces in the home building supply place are marked compact. All the spaces are the same size---too small for a truck large enough to carry a piece of plywood laying flat. Not an unusal need for someone going to the builidng supply store. It's a store that building contractors use, also.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
nologic said:
Tracy,

I hope I didn't confuse you, but none of the spaces in the home building supply place are marked compact. All the spaces are the same size---too small for a truck large enough to carry a piece of plywood laying flat. Not an unusal need for someone going to the builidng supply store. It's a store that building contractors use, also.
Oh, I knew what you meant. Your rant just reminded me of my own unrelated pet peeve. ;) And you're right, that's ridiculous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts