Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My in dash electric compass is stuck on pointing east. Every time I start the truck it is still pointing east. I recently installed a 2017 Touring Pilot radio head unit into my 2016 Touring Pilot so I could have Apple car play. Everything thing else works great and I haven’t lost any other features. When I made the switch is when the compass stopped working. I’ve disconnected the battery which causes the compass to just freeze on a new direction. It’s also stopped giving street names under the compass. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I figured that I would chime in with my story. I also did the swap of a 2017 head unit into my 2016. In my case, I swapped out a navi unit for a non-navi unit due to price and availability at the time. I no longer have compass in the dash, but I'm not sure if that was even an option on a non-navi unit.

To be clear, there was a set of wires on the harness that had no place to plug into on the back of the non-navi unit, but I wasn't sure if that was the connector for the GPS antenna or the maps memory card.

I'm not terribly concerned because the main reason that I did the swap was to be able to use CarPlay and not have to rely on the on-board Garmin maps. The compass is just a nice aesthetic option that I'd like to fix if possible, but I am not losing sleep over it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts