Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I decided to come here as my last resort for a CEL fix for my wifes 2009 Honda Pilot. Recently replaced both cats and bank 2 sensor 1 02 sensor being that was the only code present after replacing the cats from a P0420. Ran fine for a few weeks with no CEL, now I have a P0135, P0155 and P0498 codes that are persistant and will NOT clear, regardless of disconnecting battery or using a Actron diagnostics code reader. Ive checked the ACG fuse on the drivers side fuse panel and all checked out. Im not sure I there is a designated relay for it, as I was not able to locate it. Anyone have any ideas befor I replace the Bank 1 sensor 1 sensor? My only guess is perhaps the sensor shorted to ground that's causing the other 2 codes to be persistant. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hi everyone, I decided to come here as my last resort for a CEL fix for my wifes 2009 Honda Pilot. Recently replaced both cats and bank 2 sensor 1 02 sensor being that was the only code present after replacing the cats from a P0420. Ran fine for a few weeks with no CEL, now I have a P0135, P0155 and P0498 codes that are persistant and will NOT clear, regardless of disconnecting battery or using a Actron diagnostics code reader. Ive checked the ACG fuse on the drivers side fuse panel and all checked out. Im not sure I there is a designated relay for it, as I was not able to locate it. Anyone have any ideas befor I replace the Bank 1 sensor 1 sensor? My only guess is perhaps the sensor shorted to ground that's causing the other 2 codes to be persistant. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
you either have a bad evap valve on the evap system, or a wiring short to ground on that system.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
you either have a bad evap valve on the evap system, or a wiring short to ground on that system.
Well, I went with the obvious and replaced bank 1 sensor 1 02 sensor, still have the same 3 codes that wont clear at all and stay present after I clear them, and now I have an 83-1 code ECM relation malfunction! Now im really lost!!!! Did a live data check and noticed there is NO activity in short term fuel trim on both sensors, which leads me to believe they aren't getting power. I checked the only fuse that seems to be associated with the 02 sensors which is the ACG fuse #3 in the drivers side foot panel. Is there another one, or relay anywhere else that I should be checking?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jroptop. Check your PM and email.
Hey Kris, thank you soo much for the files! I also sent you a PM! Thanks to this gentleman that guided me to the relay and fuse location and my problem was due to a 15amp fuse #11 in the engine bay fuse box that appeared to be good upon my inspections of ALL fuses, but decided to replace the #11 anyway and WALLAH!!!! NO MORE CODES! Thanks again KRIS!!! Forums are the best!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nice work. This is a prime example of why you NEVER replace parts based on a code alone. You will just waste your money. Any time you have unrelated circuit failures like that, always suspect a fuse or wiring issue first. I had an 07 Odyssey come to my shop with a check engine light that had been on for a couple years. It was these same codes. The guy had it to two shops and neither of them fixed it. As soon as I saw two O2 sensors with the electrical codes that yours had, I immediately went to the fuse box--didn't even get a wiring diagram. It's highly unlikely for two O2 sensor heaters to fail at the same time. Seems the car had been in an accident and shorted the O2 sensor heater wires and blew the fuse.

Hopefully, your fuse blew due to you working with the cat and sensors. Otherwise you may be looking for the source of the short that is blowing the fuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts