Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting this in the audio section because I know the noise is coming where the subwoofer is. When I am playing my tunes I hear this constant rattle, sounds like the speaker is blown. My bass level is at C and it still happens. Upon further inspection I was able to determine that the speaker isn't blown. It sounds as if the casing around the sub is what is thumping/clanging. It is a minor annoyance. Wondering if there is anything I can do.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Same rattle here when listening to FM radio.

I set my bass at -3 and the treble at +3 when listening to FM radio to minimize the chance of a rattle. Using a cassette adapter listing to XM radio with my Delphi SkyFi setup, I was able to move the bass setting back to C.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) probably some loose screws of the subwoofer housing. can be opened and checked easily.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Could it be the third row seat belt buckle rattling agains the right armrest? I had that problem until the kind folk on this board told me to unclip the belt when the third row seat was folded down.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
remove the 3rd row seat belts. I have done this from day 1 and have no noise from the sub. It is easy to do, use your key and press on the white plastic on the side of the part that is part of the seat. Then it hooks onto a loop on the back wall of the Pilot, next to the lift gate. I will add a photo of mine if you need but it might help. I will take a photo tonight and add it.

I also plan to replace the sub with a better 10" soon and also put MB Quart all the way round. Not sure on the head unit but i think that will have to go also. Might just put in my Pioneer unit below the AC control and leave the old unit as a clock.

Good luck and hope it works. If anyone has changed their deck already please add photos.

thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I read this thread when first posted and a day later i started hearing this rattle that sounded just like a loose/broken speaker back there. Finally got around to checking it out tonight. Plastic toys in the cup holder rolling around. Gotta stop reading this stuff I'm turning into a hondachondriac.

ciao
mooz
exlss

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
mooz said:
I read this thread when first posted and a day later i started hearing this rattle that sounded just like a loose/broken speaker back there. Finally got around to checking it out tonight. Plastic toys in the cup holder rolling around. Gotta stop reading this stuff I'm turning into a hondachondriac...
Oh? Then you should read this thread it should help with your "problem". ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts