Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the Drive light flash now. I had the transmission flushed but I'm pretty sure they didn't use the right ATF. Has anyone got some advice? It's seems to be shifting fine so far but this light is driving me nuts. I changed the two sensors on the transmission.

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,980 Posts
Have you had the codes read by a scan tool which is capable of deciphering Honda specific codes?
Were the pressure switches OEM? Others have had issues with aftermarket parts.
One other common cause of the flashing D is the tranny temperature sensor. But have the codes read before inserting parts into the parts cannon.
Note that Honda recommends a 3x or 4x drain and fill instead of a flush.
Folks on this forum have used OEM or Valvoline MaxLife tranny fluids. Not sure if any other has been used.

Reactions: ConrodM and aggrex

·
Registered
831 Posts
You can make a pretty interesting hobby out of transmission troubleshooting, if you're so inclined.

If you work through the flowchart @road2cycle has provided and aren't clear on what the next step is (or if you just don't want to fuss with it) find a good independent transmission shop and pay them for their expertise. There are plenty of examples on the forum of firing several hundred dollars and many hours out of the parts cannon on gambles that don't pay off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you had the codes read by a scan tool which is capable of deciphering Honda specific codes?
Were the pressure switches OEM? Others have had issues with aftermarket parts.
One other common cause of the flashing D is the tranny temperature sensor. But have the codes read before inserting parts into the parts cannon.
Note that Honda recommends a 3x or 4x drain and fill instead of a flush.
Folks on this forum have used OEM or Valvoline MaxLife tranny fluids. Not sure if any other has been used.
I have read the codes. I do have the temp sensor on order. Should be here in a few days. I'll replace that and do the 3X flush. Wish me luck.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts