Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To All,

I have been lurking on this site for some time now and have found the information on the site invaluable. I have finally decided to take the plunge...I am now on the waiting list for a 2004 EX with Saddle Leather seats. Purchase price will be $700 under MSRP, with all accessories at dealer cost. The only downside (that I can see so far) is that the Pilot will be for my Wife!

Thanks again!

Chris

·
Registered
407 Posts
Congratulations on your (oops!;) )your wife's new Pilot. I'm sure she'll love it. Maybe if your good, she'll let you drive it once in awhile.:D

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
What accessories are you getting? Dealer cost is actually no bargain. Buying on-line and installing yourself is your best bet. Check out my profile. Everything was purchased on-line and installed by me. I estimate that I saved over $2000 by buying on-line and installing myself.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Chris Chin said:
To All,

I have been lurking on this site for some time now and have found the information on the site invaluable. I have finally decided to take the plunge...I am now on the waiting list for a 2004 EX with Saddle Leather seats. Purchase price will be $700 under MSRP, with all accessories at dealer cost. The only downside (that I can see so far) is that the Pilot will be for my Wife!

Thanks again!

Chris
Hmmm...sounds kinds fishy. Dealers don't even know how much the 2004s are going to cost. Perhaps you mean a 2003???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wwong,
Thanks for the tip. I suspected that with the installation costs, there wouldn't be much savings. I intend to get the towing package and step-bars. Any thoughts?

MG Pilot,
The dealer (Nanuet Honda in NY) had a 2003 EX-L in Black that I could have purchased for $700 under MSRP, but I wanted the brown leather. I will be buying at whatever the 2004 MSRP is. I don't expect it to go up substantially. The dealer has not asked for any $, so if things go awry, I won't have to fight for my deposit. I will keep the board posted.

Thanks for the responses!

Chris

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D you mean take the plunge?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think your patient paied off. I, for one, didn't wait long enough and I had to pay MSRP. I could have bought a Highlander for $2000 off MSRP but didn't go for it. I think my money still worth it, at least for a few monthes, didn't see many pilot around.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Buying from Tim at www.hondacuraworld.com, the sponsor of the is site, you would be paying $388.70 for side steps and $615 for the tow package. Dealer cost and installation is usually double. Don't have any experience on installing the tow package. The installation of the side steps is one of the easiest for do-it-yourselfers. There is no drilling required.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wwong,

Thanks for the info. I will probably wait on the side-steps to see if we need/want them. If so I will probably install them myself.

Chris

·
Registered
991 Posts
Chris Chin said:
To All,

Thanks again!

Chris
Wow, 2004! you will be the first. What color did you order? and how does your dealer know that that color is available for 04?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GoPilot,

Nighthawk Black Pearl with the Saddle leather seats. I'm passing on the Surfboard racks, though!

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats Chris! Sounds like you've made a good choice to wait for the 2004's. We are picking up our, oops "my" lol 2003 Pilot Sunday. If I had known when I ordered it that the 2004's were coming out in August, I definitely would have waited..... Oh, well....... :8:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Just got my Pilot.

Picked up my Pilot Tuesday from Mike Pruitt Honda in Akron, Ohio. Well worth the 350 mile drive (I live in Maryland). Saved a bunch of money, and the people at the dealership were wonderful. No pressure and no surprises. Just a very relaxing experience.

I haven't purchased any accessories yet, but I'm thinking about running boards versus chrome side steps.

And a big thanks to the people here and on Edmunds.com for the information on purchasing in Ohio. Now, if they would only finish the construction on the Pennsylvania Turnpike!!!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Just got my Pilot.

guitarman said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

Now, if they would only finish the construction on the Pennsylvania Turnpike!!!
I've been driving the PA Turnpike since 1996 (to get to Chicago) and it always seems like there's endless construction...!!! :3:

Congrats on your new purchase, fellow Marylander!!! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bittersweet day. I've been researching the Pilot for awhile but didn't need a new car so I never jumped in. Well, this week some moron totalled my car in an accident. Fortunately everyone is okay. I'm going to the dealership today to discuss the Pilot.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks Kemosabe. I used to drive the PA Turnpike in the early 1980's on my way back and forth to college near Columbus, OH. They were doing construction back then too.

It was sort of nerve racking doing it in my brand new Pilot. I was just waiting for an 18-wheeler to kick up a stone or some asphalt and crack my windshield or chip the paint on my hood. In this case, black was a good color choice with all the tar and grease on the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts